+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays Other Games, 2016/2017 Edition.

I've just watched Man.City hammer Crystal Palace 5-0, City look so much better with David Silva in the side. Palace guilty of standing off as the home side scored their goals.

Burnley v west brom up next.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    So we've got the final round of League Two today. Automatic promotion spots are settled in terms of who gets them, but Plymouth Argygle, Doncaster and Portsmouth are all within two points of each other so the league champion is yet to be determined. 4th and 5th positions are settled as well with Luton and Exeter qualified for the playoffs. However, the 6th-12th positions are only divided by three points. Carlisle, Blackpool, Stevenage, Cambridge, Colchester, Wycombe and Mansfield Town all still have a chance to get into the playoffs. The matches concerning those clubs today are as follows:

Wycombe-Cambridge
    Crawley-Mansfield Town
    Exeter City-Carlisle United
    Stevenage-Accrington Stanley
    Colchester United-Yeovil Town
    Blackpool-Leyton Orient

I think Blackpool and Carlisle will hold onto the 6th and 7th spots today though.

At the bottom of the table, Layton Orient's long stay in the Football League is over as they are 10 points from safety. Hartlepool are two points behind Newport but have a better goal difference. A Hartlepool win and Newport draw will see Hartlepool stay up. However, Hartlepool have the tougher assignment with facing Doncaster today. Newport have Notts County at home. Think Newport will just survive.
    Strange kick-off times Mich, all games kick-off at 5.30pm. It's good in a way that no side gains an advantage in the games that really matter, ie promotion, play-off places and relegation. I think it's curtains for Hartlepool, they've survived numerous times down the years, but not this season.

Speaking of Hartlepool, did anyone see Jeff Stelling's rant about the board and owner on Sky Sports a couple of weeks ago?

He comes across as a proper fan does Jeff, he even offered to resign as President (I think) himself.

He lost it, great 30 seconds or so of viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Speaking of Hartlepool, did anyone see Jeff Stelling's rant about the board and owner on Sky Sports a couple of weeks ago?

He comes across as a proper fan does Jeff, he even offered to resign as President (I think) himself.

He lost it, great 30 seconds or so of viewing.
    I didn't watch it, but i having read about it, former Wolves manager Dave Jones got the boot soon after. I wonder if Jeff was offered to either be at an Hartlepool game or stay in the studio and collect his salary?

He works most Saturdays!

Saying that, it's the only bloody day he does work!

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post

He works most Saturdays!
    Very true, i can't knock his passion at all, it's been years since i watched Soccer Saturdays.

1-0 Burnley, Sam Vokes with the goal, credit to the ref for allowing play to go on as Livermore bundled over Barnes, a good ball over from Barnes to set up Vokes.

All square, Rondon with the goal, fell just right for him, 1-1.

One goal in twenty for Rondon.

Cracking bit of business, that. Money well spent

Page 63 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)