+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 638 of 923 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640648688738 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 9222

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I think that's a pretty similar group who warned of impending doom, if we didn't take the euro..

As stated by some, there will be winners and losers, but we should have more control and a decent government should be able to take us forward.
    Yes Ram You are right about the Euro good job Brown and Balls had the intelligence and foresight to to do it

Basically, it's time for a revolution. Maybe not one of the violent kind but a complete change of what the country is about, which, IMO, should be about getting a fair deal for all where everybody has a chance of "making it" in their chosen field and everybody has a reasonable chance of a half decent, full time, permanent job.

You will still have the rich and the less rich but, hopefully, there would be no, or in any case, less, poor.

IMO as long as the top 1% want ever more money and the power that brings with it and succeed in getting it, there will always be way too much poverty and hunger. Those last two need eliminating.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes Ram When we have a decent government .
    I've just watched a five minute video of Andrea Leadsom saying they lied about jobs being lost in the run up to the last election. Only someone with zero intelligence would believe a word that this shower tell you
    I’ve seen some of that too, mista.
    Tbf...Leadsom is right, it was made ‘very clear’ there would be job losses...but never by the Leave Campaign.
    ‘Remainers’ made it clear time and time again but were nicknamed ‘Remoaners’ and told it was all just part of ‘Project Fear’.

I don't know of any Brexit voter who didn't expect a down turn in the economy and job losses.
    I still believe the same today, the short term loss will be put right over time.
    I remember Soubry screaming screaming for frictionless trade or else.
    Up to yet, there is nothing to say that won't be the case. Yet before the referendum, it WAS said time and again, as was your holiday to Europe will be a nightmare? Project fear was very real in many forms. Remember, the emergency tax/900 000 immediate job losses, rising to 3 million in a year/house prices falling through the floor? I do.

If you go to the dentist with tooth ache, do you expect a painless experience or not, knowing that it has to be done?
    With corona bouncing around, I don't understand how anyone, thinks staying in the EU benefits us?
    We have just escaped a huge wallet raid, that countries like Ireland are now going to have to pay.

But my opinion is only in the 52% , so doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I don't know of any Brexit voter who didn't expect a down turn in the economy and job losses.
    I still believe the same today, the short term loss will be put right over time.
    Up to yet, there is nothing to say that won't be the case. Yet before the referendum, it WAS said time and again, as was your holiday to Europe will be a nightmare? Project fear was very real in many forms. Remember, the emergency tax/900 000 immediate job losses, rising to 3 million in a year/house prices falling through the floor? I do.

If you go to the dentist with tooth ache, do you expect a painless experience or not, knowing that it has to be done?
    With corona bouncing around, I don't understand how anyone, thinks staying in the EU benefits us?
    We have just escaped a huge wallet raid, that countries like Ireland are now going to have to pay.

Perhaps you can now tell us what we have actually achieved All the things you say about scare stories of job losses and house prices are just around the corner We are still in honeymoon in the translation period As for Soubrey and her wish for frictionless trade you obviously have never tried running a small business The changes being forced on businesses through the newly to be implementation are a mine field of money sucking registration

51.89% 😀

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Perhaps you can now tell us what we have actually achieved All the things you say about scare stories of job losses and house prices are just around the corner We are still in honeymoon in the translation period As for Soubrey and her wish for frictionless trade you obviously have never tried running a small business The changes being forced on businesses through the newly to be implementation are a mine field of money sucking registration
    You're right MR, how did the world ever cope without the EU?
    Of course this red tape works both ways, I suppose. 3: 1 ratio and all that.
    Closed market is the EU. A protectionist racket. That's why their biggest fear has happened. A larger trading country on its doorstep, that could be a Singapore in its back yard. Never mind eh.

Sounds promising, can't be too bad if an England under 21 international. I hope Mel supports Cocu, can't do it only with home grown youngsters.

You're right MR, how did the world ever cope without the EU?
    Of course this red tape works both ways, I suppose. 3: 1 ratio and all that.
    Closed market is the EU. A protectionist racket. That's why their biggest fear has happened. A larger trading country on its doorstep, that could be a Singapore in its back yard. Never mind eh.

**** me, you'd be the last person who would enjoy living under an authoritarian regime like Singapore! You'd be moaning about the regulations, the infringement of civil liberties and the lack of democracy. Plus you do realise that how Singapore operates? With a labour force of unrecognised immigrant workers who are basically slaves on piss poor wages and with no rights at all!

Quite how a low tax, low regulation economy is going to be good news for the "average" working person is beyond me, but hey no doubt those Oxbridge educated elites will throw you the odd bone now and then to keep the masses happy!

You don't know many Brexit voters then! As for escaping a huge wallet raid, are you really that dim, that you don't realise the loss in economic activity will exceed such payments? So in your world "saving" say £350 million (just to pluck a figure out of the ether!) is good and losing say £400 million a year due to a no deal is also good? Mm mathematics clearly isn't your strong point!

Or to put another way, lets say we lose 2.5% in GDP averaged annually for say 5 years? Quite how long do you think it will take before we recover that just to get to where we are economically before leaving the EU.

Lets be generous and say it takes 5 years, so in your world a decade of economic stagnation is worth the "illusion of regaining sovereignty"? And lets be clear we hadn't actually lost any sovereignty, that was just another big fat lie peddled by Vote Leave. Although I do have to admit that Rees-Mogg (you know the ardent Brexiteer who moved the HQ of his hedge fund to Dublin so it could still trade in the EU!) did say there could be at least a decade of economic stagnation after Brexit!

I know I've plucked figures out of the air, but you seem to be happy when Vote leave did that so I'm guessing you will be OK when i do!

Jeez, those rich Oxbridge educated elites dreaming of making a fast buck in a low wage low regulation economy must be rubbing their hands with glee when they have got dimwits like yo lapping it up!

But then a lot of "good" Germans voted for Hitler I guess, but denied it when things went slightly different from how they thought it would!
    Last edited by swaledale; 19-08-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Page 638 of 923 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640648688738 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)