+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

Losers

On Netflix

Put on to this by an ex poster. Glad he did. Quality viewing. Basically a program about triumph over adversity. 8 parts all on different sports personallities over the years

1- Michael Bentt - Boxer
    2-Torquay United - Fitba
    3-Surya Bonaly - Figure Skating
    4-Pat Ryan - Curling
    5-Mauro Prosperi - Ultra Marathon
    6-Aliy Zirkle - Dog sled musher
    7-Jack Ryan - Basketball
    8-John van de Velde - Golf

1, 2, 6, 7 are very good but 5 is something else. Mental story

Get this watched

Well, at least the Dragon is ok...

It's almost beyond criticism. So many continuity issues. They are trying to fit too much in.

Still enjoyed it though.

Name:  FB_IMG_1557830630845.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  60.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So many continuity issues.
    My favourite was Jaime Lannister trying to find his way through the hovel of back alleys and passageways deep in the guts of the city before miraculously ending up out at the beach at the exact spot Greyjoy was making it a shore.

On that note I thought it odd that Greyjoy wasn't actually seen to have died. Dunno why they would keep him though so probably nothing in that.

Was really impressed with the effects of the dragon causing carnage. It was like you were there, apart from the heat, the relentless noise and the charred smell of cremated toddlers.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    My favourite was Jaime Lannister trying to find his way through the hovel of back alleys and passageways deep in the guts of the city before miraculously ending up out at the beach at the exact spot Greyjoy was making it a shore.

On that note I thought it odd that Greyjoy wasn't actually seen to have died. Dunno why they would keep him though so probably nothing in that.

Was really impressed with the effects of the dragon causing carnage. It was like you were there, apart from the heat, the relentless noise and the charred smell of cremated toddlers.
    Yeah, that episode was visually stunning. Absolutely brutal. Cleganebowl was decent and Qyburn's death was simple yet cool.

Also, did anyone pick on Varys trying to poison Dany? It went over my head at the time but after seeing some stuff online it looks like that's what he was trying to do.
    Last edited by Skacel; 14-05-2019 at 11:42 AM.

As a spectacle, I thought it was great. Dany's heel turn has been expected but not sure they writers have done enough that it feels in some way justified. Always knew Grey Worm was a (unt.

Liked how the Golden Company and Harry Strickland were swept from the board almost immediately (one wonders what our resident military tacticians made of the Kings landing defences). Qyburn getting his head smashed in was pretty funny as well.

Jon and Davos just looked shellshocked for half the battle/slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post

Also, did anyone pick on Varys trying to poison Dany? It went over my head at the time but after seeing some stuff online it looks like that's what he was trying to do.
    Was that not literally the first line in the episode with him talking to one of his little birds fae the kitchen. That seemed very rushed, would have a long running storyline in earlier seasons, not two scenes.

Maybe it will be judged the Seasons 1-6 was when it was at it's peak (apart from much of season 5), and 7-8 have been a blurry mess.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Was that not literally the first line in the episode with him talking to one of his little birds fae the kitchen. That seemed very rushed, would have a long running storyline in earlier seasons, not two scenes.

Maybe it will be judged the Seasons 1-6 was when it was at it's peak (apart from much of season 5), and 7-8 have been a blurry mess.
    Yeah, right at the start with the girl who worked in the kitchen. He's asking if she managed to do something and she says not yet, they're watching and she's not eating anything.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Always knew Grey Worm was a (unt.
    Never liked him. I know life must have been quite tough for the unsullied in Astapor but christ sakes lad crack a smile every now and again.

Skipping back an episode was Grey Worm's missus just giving her opinion on what Daenerys should do when her last words were Dracarys? Or was there something else in it?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

Skipping back an episode was Grey Worm's missus just giving her opinion on what Daenerys should do when her last words were Dracarys? Or was there something else in it?
    Yeah, even last week I took it to mean "Burn all these motherfu(kers Dany".

The trailer for the last episode doesn't give away much. Only that the Dothraki and Unsullied seem to be multiplying as there's fu(kin loads of them now. Even if Arya or Jon finds a way to Dany and Drogon, they still have to deal with they (unts.
    Last edited by StandfreeFM; 14-05-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast