+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

It was the report from Neil Ferguson (who doesn't have the best record to be fair) and the realisation that the NHS couldn't cope that prompted the change.

We don't really know if it's the correct policy, Sweden has no lockdown and a lower death rate, South Korea and Taiwan managed the outbreak without lockdowns.

Viruses spread in winter because there's more people indoors, and wane in summer with more people outdoors.

We don't know yet what is the correct approach, Sweden is the test case.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    250000 deaths was the "revised herd immunity" figure from the Government Health advisers .... when somebody realised that a zero had been left off the original calculation (?) or some other miscalculation that was never fully explained, and the policy was (sort of) changed, at least in words. I don't have any more faith in the government advisers than I do in Boris. We still have little idea how many people actually have the virus because not many have been tested, or how many have recovered from it, or outside of hospital wards , how many have died from it.
    You must have some idea on the figures Mike for you not to have confidence in the experts and boris.

Interesting America figures. I watched trump speach last night and he says they are on top of the virus and it won't be long before they are out of the danger zone. And all the extra field hospitals they built won't be needed. At the time I was a bit confused as to why he would say this. As even yesterday there new cases/death figures were the highest in the world.
    Today I checked the latest figures for america.
    USA have tested 2.5 million people total. From these tested, 500k are confirmed cases. 18.700 have died.
    Over night the figures read 314 new cases with 14 dead! These figures can't be right. Am I missing sumat my fellow American miller's? Or have the USA found a miracle cure over the past 24 hours?

Report from AN-as
    There have been over 70 cases of people becoming infected with the coronavirus twice in South Korea, leading to fears that the virus could be more resilient than thought..

Or is it the tests were around the first time. Hmmmm

If people are getting reinfected we will be knacked. Lets hope thats not true like you say Cayton.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Interesting America figures. I watched trump speach last night and he says they are on top of the virus and it won't be long before they are out of the danger zone. And all the extra field hospitals they built won't be needed. At the time I was a bit confused as to why he would say this. As even yesterday there new cases/death figures were the highest in the world.
    Today I checked the latest figures for america.
    USA have tested 2.5 million people total. From these tested, 500k are confirmed cases. 18.700 have died.
    Over night the figures read 314 new cases with 14 dead! These figures can't be right. Am I missing sumat my fellow American miller's? Or have the USA found a miracle cure over the past 24 hours?
    Well Trump's practically got everything wrong during this crisis cayton so I'd work on that assumption personally .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well Trump's practically got everything wrong during this crisis cayton so I'd work on that assumption personally .
    Tbh every time i watch trump I'm greatful we have Boris. I know some of you don't like Boris or the Tory government bit if he walks the talk he's been spouting then we as a country will be in a strong position. Fingers crossed he does

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It was the report from Neil Ferguson (who doesn't have the best record to be fair) and the realisation that the NHS couldn't cope that prompted the change.

We don't really know if it's the correct policy, Sweden has no lockdown and a lower death rate, South Korea and Taiwan managed the outbreak without lockdowns.

Viruses spread in winter because there's more people indoors, and wane in summer with more people outdoors.

We don't know yet what is the correct approach, Sweden is the test case.
    South Korea followed the WHO advice and tested , tested and tested .

Their people have more of a culture of coming together for the greater good and they happen to have one of the best healthcare systems in the world .

Privately owned but paid for with national insurance contributions .

The UK is the total opposite .

When the virus hit the UK we thought nothing of allowing 250k race fans to visit Cheltenham and the tourist hot spots were packed out .

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    If people are getting reinfected we will be knacked. Lets hope thats not true like you say Cayton.
    Not good news but there's only this one printing the news ATM so it's either bull or it's one of those friend of a friends inside info quotes. Fingers crossed were still here n kicking for many a year

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Tbh every time i watch trump I'm greatful we have Boris. I know some of you don't like Boris or the Tory government bit if he walks the talk he's been spouting then we as a country will be in a strong position. Fingers crossed he does
    There's the width of a fag paper between them Cayton .

But that's just my opinion .

Neither of em are fit or proper enough to be anywhere near the positions they hold , for balance neither was Corbyn but in a different way .

I look forward to the day when fit and credible people hold the top job on both sides of the Atlantic instead of reality tv stars and pathological liars .

And that goes across all political divides .

Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast