+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 672 of 954 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682722772 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 9531

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    A unified Germany didn't compete and Argentina were pish in the 1982 World Cup...
    To clarify I'm on about the mundial in Germany 74 and in Argentina 78.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I listened to Radio Scotland and they keep saying that they really want to qualify in March but nobody questions that. Why do we want to qualify? We're absolutely pish and would be an embarrassment in a major finals...
    Exactly,it would be the same results as last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    The problem is we've had 30 years of decline and stupidity. Whoever the manager is won't make any difference.
    I would agree with that.

Belgium and Germany,better international teams than us have hit rock bottom and actually done something about it.

The SFA just stick their heads in the sand and think there is nothing wrong with the way we do things because it worked 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would agree with that.

Belgium and Germany,better international teams than us have hit rock bottom and actually done something about it.

The SFA just stick their heads in the sand and think there is nothing wrong with the way we do things because it worked 40 years ago.
    Belgium are a great example of doing something about it. The force every team from grassroots to the First Division to play 3-4-3. The theory being any player can fit into any team and hit the ground running. Sounds like a daft idea but its worked because their rise through the ranks has came since this rule was put in place. They also pumped alot of money into football at all levels

Germany, the had warnings that they were getting a bit sh@t, (nothing on the scale of scotland), so they revamped everything and made multiple changes to football in the country. They ended up bagging the World Cup off the back of it. The book Das Reboot by Raphael Honigstein should be read by all at the SFA. It exains it in detail

Northern Ireland are worth a mention too. Most of my life they were the sh@test home nation. Now we clearly are. I have been to NI twice this season and spoke to locals about the improvement of the national side. Everyone had the same reasoning, improving grassrooots football, improving the set ups especially at kids level, setting up more youth football teams, new facilities etc. This started circa 20 years ago and the benefits are being seen now

Scotland are the worst they have been in my life, they dont just get beat by decent teams, they get walloped 4 or 5. Their GD in their current group is - 12. They have just lost four qualifiers on the bounce for the first time ever. They got pumped by Kazakhstan over there where Cyprus even manage a win. A shambles of a team. Led by a shambles of a governing body. They deserve all they get

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Scotland u21 0 v 0 Lithuania u21s

Lewis Ferguson was f@cking rank
    Was that the match played at Tynecastle?

You're having quite a run of scoreless draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Was that the match played at Tynecastle?

You're having quite a run of scoreless draws.
    The last couple have been. Used to be at St Mirren

Three in a week out of four games ive been to have been 0-0.

All we are saying

Is give us a goal

Football chanting has really went downhill

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    All we are saying

Is give us a goal

Football chanting has really went downhill
    The Plastic Ono band.

Do the pop groups of today do proper, actual songs that can be changed into football chants?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Belgium are a great example of doing something about it. The force every team from grassroots to the First Division to play 3-4-3. The theory being any player can fit into any team and hit the ground running. Sounds like a daft idea but its worked because their rise through the ranks has came since this rule was put in place. They also pumped alot of money into football at all levels

Germany, the had warnings that they were getting a bit sh@t, (nothing on the scale of scotland), so they revamped everything and made multiple changes to football in the country. They ended up bagging the World Cup off the back of it. The book Das Reboot by Raphael Honigstein should be read by all at the SFA. It exains it in detail

Northern Ireland are worth a mention too. Most of my life they were the sh@test home nation. Now we clearly are. I have been to NI twice this season and spoke to locals about the improvement of the national side. Everyone had the same reasoning, improving grassrooots football, improving the set ups especially at kids level, setting up more youth football teams, new facilities etc. This started circa 20 years ago and the benefits are being seen now

Scotland are the worst they have been in my life, they dont just get beat by decent teams, they get walloped 4 or 5. Their GD in their current group is - 12. They have just lost four qualifiers on the bounce for the first time ever. They got pumped by Kazakhstan over there where Cyprus even manage a win. A shambles of a team. Led by a shambles of a governing body. They deserve all they get
    Decent post.

I would add however that the SFA are starting to implement a different style of coaching into the grassroots childrens pathway.

The recent changes at the 1.1 level are encouraging coaches to develop the players more and not instill a win at all costs methodology.
    As an example, they are encouraged not to teach the young players to "clear their lines" or "put it out" when pressed in defence, but rather to try and retain the ball, keep possession, encourage players to take the player on even in defence.

If a player fails and loses possession, they should be encouraged to learn from it (were they too close, were they too far away, was the ball under control etc) and keep trying.

This should breed players that are more comfortable on the ball and make them more adaptable to playing different positions.

Maybe this is not enough and certainly does not seem to be in line with the improvements that Belgium and Germany have made, but it is a different direction.

That said, whilst all kids will have a competitive edge brought to their game, it appears that the Elite clubs in Project Brave instill a "win at all costs" attitude, which may sound ok, but is it really developing players to be at their best when they reach professional stage. I could put across a strong argue it doesn't.

Not enough hungry kids is a problem in Scotland.

Page 672 of 954 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682722772 ... LastLast