+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Don't upset him too much, Navy, you'll end up in the resident Italian's "little black book" of people to be removed by HO petition in the future (no particular reason will be given, but it will be extremely serious....or not, apparently!)......ohhh, hold on, Driller says you're OK, your "scattergun diplomacy" has a certain appealing charm, pass go, collect 5 million lira.

ps Dysfunctional is where you cannot figure out if the state of UK politics is actually worse, or better, than the state of Italian politics. The much-lauded anti-establishment party there is currently whoring itself out to anyone that can keep them a seat at the big-boys table (they're a bit like the Lib Dems with chronic Alzheimers, why did you vote for us? we cannot remember, we're in power now).....it's either that, or you cannot figure out how to use the microwave settings, me neither, so it's "re-set or clear, timer, 5 mins 55 secs full power" repeat if the goat testicles are not crispy enough.
    Oh joy.

Don't upset him too much, Navy, you'll end up in the resident Italian's "little black book" of people to be removed by HO petition in the future (no particular reason will be given, but it will be extremely serious....or not, apparently!)......ohhh, hold on, Driller says you're OK, your "scattergun diplomacy" has a certain appealing charm, pass go, collect 5 million lira.

ps Dysfunctional is where you cannot figure out if the state of UK politics is actually worse, or better, than the state of Italian politics. The much-lauded anti-establishment party there is currently whoring itself out to anyone that can keep them a seat at the big-boys table (they're a bit like the Lib Dems with chronic Alzheimers, why did you vote for us? we cannot remember, we're in power now).....it's either that, or you cannot figure out how to use the microwave settings, me neither, so it's "re-set or clear, timer, 5 mins 55 secs full power" repeat if the goat testicles are not crispy enough.
    Oh, so he's was one of the 2. Thanks for clearing up what dysfunctional means, all I knew is that it didn't mean a South London hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Some might say that's a homophobic remark, not me.
    Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Oh joy.
    Something we agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Well done.
    I hope you're not being sarcastic.

Sad to see that someone who, as so rarely seen in the great Brexit civil war, spent a bit of time acknowledging that some people have a different worldview to him / her, seemingly was willing to have an open debate, and was prepared to back up what they said, whilst (not unreasonably, I think) asking for others who are on the other side of the spectrum (I am assuming here, Driller, that you are a "Remoaner") to be held to the same standard - what odds that the bus comes up again at some point? - is met with nothing more than some ridiculousness over having used the word dysfunctional.

I find it ironic that the Tories had the phrase "Broken Britain" as one of their taglines around the 2010 election; has anything ever left the country more broken than this damned referendum that Mr Cameron left us with? We don't - can't - even talk anymore.

I have a friend who's a nurse here in London (not Whipps Cross). When she talks about work... it sounds awful. Permanently deeply under-staffed, constant stress, barely being able to provide adequate care and everyone afraid of making a mistake or not noticing something that could cost a life through tiredness / stress / just plain not having the time. As the son of a nurse, they have all my respect for the incredible job they do. Including your wife, Navy, my thanks to her.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    Sad to see that someone who, as so rarely seen in the great Brexit civil war, spent a bit of time acknowledging that some people have a different worldview to him / her, seemingly was willing to have an open debate, and was prepared to back up what they said, whilst (not unreasonably, I think) asking for others who are on the other side of the spectrum (I am assuming here, Driller, that you are a "Remoaner") to be held to the same standard - what odds that the bus comes up again at some point? - is met with nothing more than some ridiculousness over having used the word dysfunctional.

I find it ironic that the Tories had the phrase "Broken Britain" as one of their taglines around the 2010 election; has anything ever left the country more broken than this damned referendum that Mr Cameron left us with? We don't - can't - even talk anymore.

I have a friend who's a nurse here in London (not Whipps Cross). When she talks about work... it sounds awful. Permanently deeply under-staffed, constant stress, barely being able to provide adequate care and everyone afraid of making a mistake or not noticing something that could cost a life through tiredness / stress / just plain not having the time. As the son of a nurse, they have all my respect for the incredible job they do. Including your wife, Navy, my thanks to her.

There is no " assuming " about Driller being a remoaner mate. As for my wife being under a lot of stress, well, that's no excuse for my dinner not being on the table. Please don't tell her I said that.
    Last edited by navypie; 19-09-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post

Have you ever considered that nurses today are under extreme pressure because of the influx of millions of immigrants, makes you wonder why there is a housing shortage as well. Thanks Blair.

I thought it was the other way round ... as in ... nurses today are just about managing, thanks to the influx of thousands of immigrant nurses who are filling the gaps in the NHS that the Tories failed to train up for.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Have you ever considered that nurses today are under extreme pressure because of the influx of millions of immigrants, makes you wonder why there is a housing shortage as well. Thanks Blair.
    F*cking hell, just when you think that we can't be subjected to any more crass stupidity in the NHS debate, up pops our resident arsehole to prove you wrong. Soccerman is too pigsh!t thick to realise that our health service is held together by the number of hard working tax paying immigrants it employs from top to bottom. How dare a few of them get ill?

To navypie, I would ask him if his wife thinks that the NHS has received adequate funding from a decade of Tory government to function properly given the problems caused by a customer base who are living longer with the associated problems old age brings. I've put the word 'function' in bold because if her answer is no, then the alternative is 'dysfunctional'.

ps My wife is an ex-nurse, my middle daughter is an NHS occupational therapist, and my youngest daughter is a second year nursing student paying £9,000 pa for the privilege of becoming qualified, so I also get first hand info.

Page 68 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast