+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: o/t how come the majority of Hollywood films have a left wing message?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I had you down as a Sun reader personally...
    Sometimes get it on a Friday or Saturday.

Not a regular newspaper reader, now we have instant news on the internet, not really that much point in reading yesterday's news.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    You know a lot of those £3 members were Tories right?

Labour would have probably won the election with a different leader.
    And kept up their membership and voted for him the second time he stood for the leadership too .

Perhaps they went a step further and voted for him in the last GE too when he reduced the tories to a minority government .

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Calling out 2001 for supporting the Theory of Evolution is funny I admit.
    I thought the criticism of Casualties of War funny in an admittedly sick sort of way. Does a film that depicts an essentially true story of American soldiers abducting and raping a Vietnamese girl have to be balanced by accounts of North Vietnamese and Viet Cong soldiers behaving in a similar fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think Pretty Women carries a left wing message to be fair .

" The we both screw people for money " is a poignant line when capital investor Richard Gere attempts to reconcile his livelihood with street worker Julia Roberts , he's pretty much on the mark of course .

I still maintain his softening of the heart had more to with Roberts legs than any social conscience he suddenly found within himself and can't really be taken seriously but it's a good try none the less .
    Can I just check that you understand that Pretty Woman is fiction - i.e. made up? Just like Blackadder Goes Forth.

I do have to agree with fire about the BBC though, they are constantly going on about how great Corbyn etc... are.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567