+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Huge difference in that the pre the souness era, the cheeks players wages was not outwith our ability to stretch to.
    We are not playing in the same ball park financially now.
    I’m not disputing that whatsoever, it is all relative pre Souness/Bosman or whatever , we still remain to be the last club outwith the ugly sisters to win the title, dress it up any way you want......our club, regardless of who was managing f ucked up royally during the Delilah years especially in one particular transfer window which seems lost on some regarding the way this thread has gone, anyway now we cannot match wages of a non league side and that is a concern for all dandies.

SF

Arguably, its bad (man) management to retain the services of an employee who's mind is made up to move elsewhere
    It's bad man management for it to get to the stage that he wanted to leave in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Adam only participated in 42 competitive games for us last season, with that, our current coach.....Mcwinless or fitever his moniker is now ..... obviously saw him as part of the team plans....another club comes along and offers far more than he can/could earn at his parent club for his family/future.....that is life as far as I can see.

SF
    That's mostly gibberish. Everyone knows Cosgrove, May and Wilson would be starting in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's mostly gibberish. Everyone knows Cosgrove, May and Wilson would be starting in front of him.
    Nah, just facts loon, Cozzy has not been good, May has been f ucking terrible(I welcomed the signing admittedly) and Wilson I cannot comment too much......all day long I wish Adam was still with us.......saliently though, I concur with his decision to leave.

SF

Nah, just facts loon, Cozzy has not been good, May has been f ucking terrible(I welcomed the signing admittedly) and Wilson I cannot comment too much......all day long I wish Adam was still with us......saliently though, I concur with his decision to leave.

SF
    Erm ok then.

Cozzy
    gadz

"You look at it from the outside and I probably didn't play as much in the last couple of months of the season and I felt it was probably a good time to move" Adam Rooney

Rooney may well have wanted to move come the Summer, but McInnes actions over the preceding season or two led to that mindset.

Sack the board!

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    We can analyze this forever and a day but the facts are our most prolific goal scorer in 20 years was allowed to leave without us having a suitable replacement. We knew after last season May wasn't going to be that guy , Cosgrove will never be that guy and James Wilson isn't looking like he will be that guy either. Huge mistake by everyone involved and now it's coming back to haunt us....big time !
    Well said that man. Whatever attributes Rooney doesn’t have, he has the one that matters. A monumental momentum halting fu(k up. We aren’t scoring goals. Leave the money to the side. It’s irrelevant. If Rooney had felt part of things, he’d have stayed.

Arguably, its bad (man) management to retain the services of an employee who's mind is made up to move elsewhere
    Rooney enjoyed it here. McInnes f@cked everything up by not playing him properly by trying to fit other strikers into the team to the detriment of Rooney. The guy scored goals yet he decided he wasn’t good enough to warrant a starting position and even tried to convert him to the left wing
    Bad management from McInnes as the team now desperately need a decent goal scorer of Rooney’s ilk. Dodgy Del knows best though as we now sit seventh in our league.
    Go Derek McInnes!

Do you think it was a good decision to sell Rooney...yes or no?
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 24-10-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast