+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Billy McNeill RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Alot of the crowd didnt either. They stood there like someone had shat in their bovrils. Its what happens
    There were one or two in the directors box that didn’t.
    The camera was on John Greig who was clapping but you could see two folk behind him with their hands clasped in front of them.
    I wonder if the Dons will have a minutes silence/applause as it’s our first home game since Billy passed away.
    Thinking about it, there may well be as Stevie Chalmers passed away today too.
    Dementia. Same as Billy. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Did Dom Sullivan do well for Aberdeen then? Was he a fans favourite?

I actually just thought he was a McNeill signing and that he followed the man that took him to Aberdeen to Celtic. I was unaware that he was a McLeod signing
    Decent player he was.
    Fine boy as well, came to our supports club meetings a few times and seemed a good guy.

Although "Celtic minded" he always gave his lot against them, I recall him scoring both goals in a 2-1 win against them.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Did Dom Sullivan do well for Aberdeen then? Was he a fans favourite?

I actually just thought he was a McNeill signing and that he followed the man that took him to Aberdeen to Celtic. I was unaware that he was a McLeod signing
    Think Dom was part of the Westhill mafia that Fergie was determined to crush, didn't last long under the new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Decent player he was.
    Fine boy as well, came to our supports club meetings a few times and seemed a good guy.

Although "Celtic minded" he always gave his lot against them, I recall him scoring both goals in a 2-1 win against them.
    Indeed Sneckers.....very much “Celtic minded” I mind we had a thing in the programme years back where it was a Q&A with a player each match.
    Best Goal, Favourite Ground, Hardest Opponent etc.......who would you most like to meet in the world was another......Dominic’s response......his holiness the pope......thankfully social media was not invented.

Anyway, I’m sure our club/support will afford Cesar and his family the respect deserved.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    According to my mate that was there, those Union Bear w*a*n*k*s were forced to clap having initially remained silent.
    Ah hae a problem wi this ... here's why...

The problem wi a minutes silence is, that it only taks one or two arsεholes tae fυck it up for abody else.

A minute's applause on the ither hand? ... droons oot the arsεhole minority. Anybody choosin' tae remain silent has nae effect on the majority participatin' in the tribute.

.... OK, ye aa ken that, but the bottom line is, everybody should be free tae honour/celebrate/commemorate any individual or event in whatever way they choose PROVIDED they dinna prevent or restrict the freedom of ithers tae dae likewise.

Example ... Remembrance day Poppies. I dinna wear one ... but that disna mean I dinna pay tribute in ma ain wye, tae the extent I choose tae ... nor does it demonstrate disagreement, disrespect or opposition tae those fa choose tae wear a poppy.

The choice tae be silent durin a minutes applause likewise offers yer 'Union Bears' ... and ithers, the means tae 'pay tribute' in their ain wye .... even if that is the act o' NOT payin tribute ... without impacting on the freedom/choice of others.

I would much rather said Union Bears were allowed tae be honest in a non-obtrusive manner than be fυckin well forced tae offer false acknowledgement. Tae me, that tarnishes the tribute a damn sight mair than allowin them tae 'abstain' silently.

I agree min, but we live in an era of enforced conformity.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Ah hae a problem wi this ... here's why...

The problem wi a minutes silence is, that it only taks one or two arsεholes tae fυck it up for abody else.

A minute's applause on the ither hand? ... droons oot the arsεhole minority. Anybody choosin' tae remain silent has nae effect on the majority participatin' in the tribute.

.... OK, ye aa ken that, but the bottom line is, everybody should be free tae honour/celebrate/commemorate any individual or event in whatever way they choose PROVIDED they dinna prevent or restrict the freedom of ithers tae dae likewise.

Example ... Remembrance day Poppies. I dinna wear one ... but that disna mean I dinna pay tribute in ma ain wye, tae the extent I choose tae ... nor does it demonstrate disagreement, disrespect or opposition tae those fa choose tae wear a poppy.

The choice tae be silent durin a minutes applause likewise offers yer 'Union Bears' ... and ithers, the means tae 'pay tribute' in their ain wye .... even if that is the act o' NOT payin tribute ... without impacting on the freedom/choice of others.

I would much rather said Union Bears were allowed tae be honest in a non-obtrusive manner than be fυckin well forced tae offer false acknowledgement. Tae me, that tarnishes the tribute a damn sight mair than allowin them tae 'abstain' silently.
    Good post

There's a massive difference between not wearing a poppy and giving a clap for a minute to a man that is so important in Scottish football. There's no politics involved there. It's just sheer hatred. Common sense and decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed Sneckers.....very much “Celtic minded” I mind we had a thing in the programme years back where it was a Q&A with a player each match.
    Best Goal, Favourite Ground, Hardest Opponent etc.......who would you most like to meet in the world was another......Dominic’s response......his holiness the pope......thankfully social media was not invented.

Anyway, I’m sure our club/support will afford Cesar and his family the respect deserved.

SF
    Its still available

Name:  dsprofile.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  17.0 KB

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567