+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia & Putin

Many American Democrats apparently angry at the response of Trump, the GOP and Fox for their support of Putin. All about the money of course but personally still have doubts that Russia would have invaded if Trump still President.Trump and Putin are very similar personalities in many ways and Trump's attitude to NATO ,where he publicly stated that the US would reduce their investment in it ,would have pleased Putin. By the same token, with one of his aims of a weakened NATO achieved maybe Putin may not have wanted to rock any boats and so be less inclined to invade Ukraine. On the other hand, there are those who see the pair of them in cahoots and that this had been part of Putin's plan all along.

Whatever the case, worrying times as China forges ever closer links to Russia and the US increasingly hampered by divisions at home. The very real danger now is the inbalance of global power if Russia and China unite whilst American support for Europe is weakened. Can't say that I was always in agreement with US foreign policy and their almost self proclaimed role as "world policeman" whilst they meddled in other people's countries but the world feels a lot less safe now than it did.

How long will it be before we see queues at the fuel pumps again? Those with vested interests love a crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Really misread Putin there mate, apart from maybe he’s not as tall as he would like, he’s bloody shrewd, totally ruthless, and ****ing loaded in all senses of the word
    Being a former KGB agent and judo athlete, one wouldn’t fancy meeting him in a cage fight…

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Basically we have to entirely shut Russia down from any contact with the west.
    If we put a stranglehold on Russia it will give Putin the excuse to invade other countries as a means of survival. He will say Russia is being persecuted and surrounded by enemies.
    He will already have worked out the west's response and think of a plan b.
    I don't think there's an easy answer to this.
    He will also probably move closer to China and North Korea, and other western hating countries like Iran, and Pakistan.

The Pakistan President Imram Khan visited Russia this week and said what an exciting time to visit.
    All the World leaders seem on a different planet to the rest of us, yet it's always the ordinary folk who have to fight there battles.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    If we put a stranglehold on Russia it will give Putin the excuse to invade other countries as a means of survival. He will say Russia is being persecuted and surrounded by enemies.
    He will already have worked out the west's response and think of a plan b.
    I don't think there's an easy answer to this.
    He will also probably move closer to China and North Korea, and other western hating countries like Iran, and Pakistan.
    Pakistan are not officially Western hating let’s not forget they were super pally with the US and get billions in aid from them for many many years even though only to their faces it seems

Pakistan also have zero tolerance influence any where

I have no idea which side India will fall but most likely to be against China given current tensions
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 24-02-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Pakistan are not officially Western hating let’s not forget they were super pally with the US for many many years even though only to their faces it seems

Pakistan also have zero tolerance influence any where

I have no idea which side India will fall but most likely to be against China given current tensions
    That is the greatest danger, that countries will start taking sides.

I may be overly pessimistic but I think things will spiral out of control and we will be in a World war. Football seems somewhat trivial at the moment. If there is a God, please let him give Putin a fatal heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I may be overly pessimistic but I think things will spiral out of control and we will be in a World war. Football seems somewhat trivial at the moment. If there is a God, please let him give Putin a fatal heart attack.
    Or someone bumps him off!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I If there is a God, please let him give Putin a fatal heart attack.
    The saying God's ways are not man's ways comes to mind
    Worth remembering that China has been plowing billions upon billions into infrastructure in Africa and many other places. This is transaction from one super power to another if it continues like this. China has not endorsed the actions of Putin....which may pyss him off. I see big problems in Russia over this action. Many Russians are worse off since communism collapsed and this will not help there day to day existence.

Rouble down over 20% just today......always the working class who suffer.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)