+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Can England win ashes in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What's happened to Bairstow? His form with the bat has gone AWOL for no apparent reason. Stokes is a big miss too!
    I think the headbutt issue and the very funny way the Australian cricketers dealt with it has got right into his head.

He seems a bit more prone to trash talk than most--and the Aussies give it him in spadefuls.

Another whitewash is starting to look inevitable, I'm sorry to say!

Another whitewash is starting to look inevitable, I'm sorry to say!
    Call it masochism but I and some of the family are going to the WACA on the Saturday following commencement of the third test on the Thursday.

The last time I was there for a test against England Gilchrist scored a century off 40 balls in over 43 degree heat.

It can't get worst than that--surely??

Enjoy the beer and the sunshine though blueheeler1?

Enjoy the beer and the sunshine though blueheeler1?
    They serve weak beer at these venues but the sunshine will be tempered with a bit of shade.

Really looking forward to watching and hearing the Barmy Army.

They are a shade better than the cricket IMO.

This is a classic:- Sung to the tune of The Beatles' 'I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends', the Barmy Army will croon, "What should I do/Should I use a review/Can you stand up and signal to me?" when Smith strides to the crease

We can take our mind off of being annoyed that Burnley are sitting 4th in the league despite a poor performance and concentrate on being 2-0 down in the Ashes which begins again in Perth in 3 hours time over here.

The newspapers are having a great day pointing to every negative aspect f the England team that they can or inventing it if they can't.

The latest is an apparent disagreement between Root and Jimmy over who was responsible for bowling too short in Adelaide.

Jimmy apparently think the coaches are in part responsible but Root says its down to the players.

Beer pouring on heads; Headbutts; poor 5 day performances; Injured spin figure and poor form don't look great from this end.

But it isn't hot which is great. Just 25 C forecast so PLEASE make this a contest, England.

A sign of the times is that my Aussie friends are not serving it up to me. It seems even they are disappointed at a one sided contest.

Looks hot blue

255-4 after 75 overs Malan 87 Bairstow 48 playing sensibly
    Out
    Cook 7 again!
    Stoneman 56 out controversially
    Root 20
    Vince 25
    New ball soon

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Looks hot blue

255-4 after 75 overs Malan 87 Bairstow 48 playing sensibly
    Out
    Cook 7 again!
    Stoneman 56 out controversially
    Root 20
    Vince 25
    New ball soon
    It was my misfortune to sit through a third day of test 3 at the WACA which produced the most indifferent display by England cricket that you could imagine.

ONE wicket all day.

Great work by the Barmy Army but most Australian's looked on with mild amusement at the chants which were totally out of keeping with the game.

No; Smith and Marsh didn't play brilliant; we were just that poor.

TBH there is no interest in this test by the majority of the English crickets and if it transpired that there were side bets for a whitewash from our team that would at least explain it.

Crap bowling; ridiculous fielding and my dead Granny would have scored against England.

Waste of money, mega disappointed with the only benefit that the sun was nice.

Test cricket? Keep it.

I'd rather watch the Basxxds play.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)