+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: We are desperate for a striker

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    BT mon ami, where Wood is concerned you're talking utter bollox and I agree with 59/60, as a Burnley fan you're a disgrace. You should hang your head in shame and button it. Or feck off and support Blackburn Rovers.

Nothing personal, just MHO as a Burnley fan.
    Hear hear .. He's done nothing wrong ..shame on you BT..

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nothing to do with me Norder, I'm perfectly happy with a team that can be missing six of it's best players and still be 7th in the PL.
    I'm just trying to help those that think we should be signing a striker who can lift us above Arsenal in the league....I just thought it might bring a dose of reality for those that think the striker we apparently 'need'
    as you mention it Sinkov - that's not such a bad idea - and old friend of mine is a devoted supporter of the Arse Wenkers - they can't put a foot wrong - and he consistently denies any wrongdoing on their part - so nothing I'd like better than to see us thrash them 5 - 0....hehe.

quite like the look of that list now - still wish Messi was on it though.

Football is all about opinions.

My opinion of Wood is that he is a big mard arse. Two totally innocuous knocks, one against City, one against Spurs and he is nowhere to be seen.

On Wells. Why the fcuk did we spunk £5 million on someone who is not getting a game?

Give me lion hearted Barnes any day of the week.

Incidentally sinkov, talk to me like that F2F and one of us will need hospital treatment.

Innocuous knocks can sometimes be the worst.Sean and his medical team will know when to put Woods back in the squad.The man we are really missing is Brady.He was on fire when he got injured.Now we have another playmaker injured in Defour but we still managed a point against City and if not for a candidate for save of the season we could have taken all 3 points.
    Slowly but surely Sean and the Board are building something very special at Turf Moor but we do not have a blank checkbook.We may have tens of millions in the bank but we cannot afford the wages of a top scorer so we just have to bide our time until we find another gem.
    I personally think under the circumstances with injuries etc we have done exceptionally well the last 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Innocuous knocks can sometimes be the worst.Sean and his medical team will know when to put Woods back in the squad.The man we are really missing is Brady.He was on fire when he got injured.Now we have another playmaker injured in Defour but we still managed a point against City and if not for a candidate for save of the season we could have taken all 3 points.
    Slowly but surely Sean and the Board are building something very special at Turf Moor but we do not have a blank checkbook.We may have tens of millions in the bank but we cannot afford the wages of a top scorer so we just have to bide our time until we find another gem.
    I personally think under the circumstances with injuries etc we have done exceptionally well the last 2 months.
    I agree with you in that we have done very well considering our injuries- much was made of City's injured but no pundit took into account little old Burnley. Doing well is great, but we could realistically be doing better- if we had a goalscorer....

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Absolutely CiB, what baffles me with Wood is that nothing is coming out of Turf Moor and the media blanket confuses me. I agree we are doing marvellous despite our injured numbers.

I ain't worried about our perceived lack of goals because we hardly concede any either. Back in the halcyon days goals were shared out all over the place, Connelly, Harris, Pointer, McIlroy and Robson all netted regularly. We are SEVENTH in the EPL and I ain't complaining.

I would have thought Wells and Wood would be kicking SD's door down to get a game?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    I agree with you in that we have done very well considering our injuries- much was made of City's injured but no pundit took into account little old Burnley. Doing well is great, but we could realistically be doing better- if we had a goalscorer....
    Another couple of teams that the media keep bleating on about having first team players missing through injury is Palace and Everton.Burnley never get mentioned that our most influential players are all out through injury except JBG and now Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Incidentally sinkov, talk to me like that F2F and one of us will need hospital treatment.
    Better make it count then, because if I get back up there'll be two of us in hospital. And I say nothing on here that I wouldn't say to your face. You continue slagging our players off, and I'll continue to slag you off.

Incidentally, would you say it to Wood's face ?

Hahaha.. In the Claret corner Sinky babe and in the Blue corner TBT .. Zimmer frames must be left outside the ring and no pissbags allowed in the corner..lol.. Behave yourselves ya silly old conts ..

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  17.2 KB
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 05-02-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)