+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Relegation in the Air...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Are you alluding to he's lost the dressing room ESR or am I misinterpreting your post mate .
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Yes
    Oh dear. The writing is on the wall for me. Any team that suffers relegation normally has internal problems and a lack of unity. It's the last thing we needed this. We were up against it without disharmony in the camp adding to the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    True but if we get things into perspective here then this club will only continue to faulter whilst non footballing people continue to sign players. You know your stuff Animal and I ask this in all sincerity. Can you see us mounting a promotion challenge if we go down or should we stay up this season can you see us surviving next year under the current status quo?
    It's a tough league pass , the blunts were down there 6 years , Leeds and Forest didn't bounce straight back either .

What worries me is that this group of players have continuously lost football games , a losing mentality if you like and that's very hard to shake off with a young group .

Football is as much about confidence as it is anything else , finding that confidence is incredibly difficult to achieve with inexperienced players because they have no back catalogue to fall back on .

However this group are meant to be the higher crop from the lower leagues , individually at least and Rotherham following last season's debacle are showing it can be turned around , although importantly many of their recruits were slightly older tried and trusted league one and two players , possibly more battle hardened , it's worth highlighting Cameron McGheean who hasn't pulled any trees up at Scunnie and neither has Mowatt at Oxford .

We still require some know how even in league one because the mentality is questionable and having a negative effect on the talent .

Get two or three warriors in to compliment the younger lads and we would possibly mount a challenge .

I'm not convinced the club will move away from it's present model and so we could well be very inconsistent with this group even a league lower .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Yes
    Good grief .

However this is a two way street isn't it and doesn't necessarily fall on the HC's shoulders .

Maybe our most experienced player is possibly at the centre of it although I'm speculating .

Not good , not good at all .

There must be some reason why Jooa has ed 19 clubs in 18 years and his last job at AEK Athens only lasted 14 games, then no club snapped him up fo months on end until GG took him in. May depend on your tolerance/ patience wi bullsh1tting or sumdi ez sed "Look, The Emperor has no clothes".

Summats not reyt darn theear.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-03-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Good grief .

However this is a two way street isn't it and doesn't necessarily fall on the HC's shoulders .

Maybe our most experienced player is possibly at the centre of it although I'm speculating .

Not good , not good at all .
    you've gorrit in wun not first time either ,,,,not on his own tho ,,,,,

Summats definitely not reyt darn Theer ,

People can stick their anti Jose agenda up their arses. He can only fcuk wi scabby prick Hecky left him

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    People can stick their anti Jose agenda up their arses. He can only fcuk wi scabby prick Hecky left him
    Luvvit Az tha been on White Leetnin ageean ?

Delete "Hecky" and insert "Goat Hair"

Going to be difficult for Barnsley to pick’up enough points to stay up, although inreçkon we could do you a favour because results haven’t been brilliant since January. If we come unstuck in our next two games we’ll have nothing to,play for when we play Barnsley in which itll be a case of end of season coasting for us.

Thirty six quid a tickets a bit steep. No wonder your average gates are low.

I posted near enough the exact same on twitter recently mate. I have that feeling, the same feeling as when danny boy took us down. Got to say it, i think were going down. Birmingham will turn it round and we’ll be down with Sunderland & Burton. I sincerely hope that im wrong and made to eat humble pie though. And ill stick behind em no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Does anyone else have that sinking feeling of apathy and gut feeling we're going down? I had the same feeling in 2001/02, 2013/14 and I do this season.

In 2001/02 we got rid of Spackman early enough but employed a right numpty in Steve Parkin.
    In 2013/14 we acted too late as we should have got rid of Flitcroft after first international break.

This season we waited for the transfer window to try and save us and Hecky left when he should have been sacked in December. I must admit I find it ironic that the takeover that has saved the club is the very thing that is taking us down as everyone at the club has sat on their hands all season.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast