+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumored targets...

See Citeh have just made 2 signings, wonder if MB can now prise another favour. Football world has changed with loanees now the norm in fl but our ability currently to be able to attract them makes up for working within fpp constraints and without bloated parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    For what its worth Rev, the Clarke deal isn't (at least for a season) something the leaves us without one of those "crown jewels" (if you think he is all that, after all his latter season performances after his illness weren't that much to write home about). I agree however regarding Phillips, and if it turns out to be true (as much as the rumoured DSI "takeover" does), then it doesn't bode well either fort the short or long-term
    Selling Phillips would hurt a lot more than Clarke..but Clarke has the potential to be something special in my opinion in the next few years.

Maybe we can buy him back if we go up

20+mill is a lot for a player who 12 months ago would have been worth no more than 3mill. Bielsa revealed his potential; one which obviously no other manager ever saw; otherwise they would have snapped him up….and definitely one which none of the crap managers we’ve had was able to bring out of him. Phillips improvement was astonishing!

So I’m wondering if it’s actually the Bielsa effect…and would Phillips be able to perform so well in another team, with a different manager, and in a ‘different’ role?

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    20+mill is a lot for a player who 12 months ago would have been worth no more than 3mill. Bielsa revealed his potential; one which obviously no other manager ever saw; otherwise they would have snapped him up….and definitely one which none of the crap managers we’ve had was able to bring out of him. Phillips improvement was astonishing!

So I’m wondering if it’s actually the Bielsa effect…and would Phillips be able to perform so well in another team, with a different manager, and in a ‘different’ role?
    Lets hope that's what other clubs are thinking! (although if the rumours are true Villa don't appear to have those same misgivings)

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Here is a list of some of the players that we are rumored to be interested in, I'm sure that there's loads more but which of these players do you all think we should go after:

Luke Freeman
    Massimo Luongo
    Ben White
    Ryan Kent
    Jack Harrison
    Rafa Mujica
    Helder Costa
    Alexander Alvarado
    Jamal Lowe
    Robert Snodgrass
    Michael Frey
    Ander Iturraspe
    Callum O'Dowda

I'm not even going to list the two Italian pensioners

I'm also sure that there's loads more !!!!
    Mujica 20yo forward signed from Barcelona B

Trying my best to be positive (or at least neutral) here (honestly!), summing up the deals so far, we have Helda Costa and Ben White as "new blood" for the 1st team, the other signings will be joining Corberans squad. (I'm not counting Harrison (for all the previous reasons I've mentioned) or Clarke (who may or may not shine, given his below-par performances in the latter part of last season.

How does that fit with either the list in previous posts on this thread (in terms of how pleased should we be, the woulda, shoulda, coulda kind of feeling) or the sentiments expressed in the "What do we need" thread?

No, not fishing, just curious as to what folks think.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Trying my best to be positive (or at least neutral) here (honestly!), summing up the deals so far, we have Helda Costa and Ben White as "new blood" for the 1st team, the other signings will be joining Corberans squad. (I'm not counting Harrison (for all the previous reasons I've mentioned) or Clarke (who may or may not shine, given his below-par performances in the latter part of last season.

How does that fit with either the list in previous posts on this thread (in terms of how pleased should we be, the woulda, shoulda, coulda kind of feeling) or the sentiments expressed in the "What do we need" thread?

No, not fishing, just curious as to what folks think.

Ha.... i'm not falling into your trap, as soon as I answer you'll call me a deluded ****wit.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Ha.... i'm not falling into your trap, as soon as I answer you'll call me a deluded ****wit.
    Not true, this time. Don't know anything about either of what are the real newcomers, curious as to what others think (I might not agree, but as I have already admitted to not knowing much (especially White) about them, I can't really profess to be "in the know" (this time) can I?

Very pleased we have signed so many so early.

Costa I am genuinely excited about and is a significant improvement to the squad.

Oooooh - I didn't know you cared

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)