+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Wolves ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    cant win em all, Wolves deserved it second half, especially with the VAR bollox. They are a decent side, we will be back. Cant see us finishing below Fulham, WBA, Burnley and 1 or 2 others.
    Agreed.

Personally didn't think Harrison was much good tonight - but he has been good up until tonight - and he wasn't the only one tom have an off night, Neither Raphina or Poveda where much better?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Come on, We had an off night and lost to a fluke???
    Remenber before the season started we virtually ALL agreed that as long as we stay up this season is a success - well on evidence so far we will - should have been a draw tonight, againstb a team that just plays counter attack football.
    Nothing in the game stats wise - we where unlucky, like I say beat Villa and all smiles again
    Have you watched Villa recently? If we have blown a gasket this early, then Villa will be all over us like a rash. I'd like it to be smiles all round, but there was too much of "loads of possession and no end product" as we saw in the Championship. And where were our "key" acquisitions tonight? Rodrigo was awful (ignoring the deflection, that was just bad luck), Koch was "meh". And the subs? Sorry but Hernandez added nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Shulda, wudda, cudda, all stuff and nonesense unless we do.
    So you think we should win EVERY game? Not going to happen, no one has outplayed us yet - so lets build on that eh? first real setback - lets not suddenly all become our stereo typical fickle fans FFS???

Marching on TOGETHER? ....

So you think we should win EVERY game? Not going to happen, no one has outplayed us yet - so lets build on that eh? first real setback - lets not suddenly all become our stereo typical fickle fans FFS???

No, I dont, but I EXPECT us to perform for a full 90 minutes, I EXPECT us to do better against steam that has had its worst start to PL season for as long as they have been in the PL, not being fickle, just stating the blindingly obvious that if we cant beat/match a team that is struggling, (as was that case with Blades as well), how are we going to fare against teams that are firing on all cylinders?

As for MOT, doesnt mean you cant be critical, does it?

And as for being outplayed, did you watch the second half? Toothless, flabby, lacking in shape and structure, whereas Wolves knew what they had to do, and did it, and the deflection doesn't take away from that. Their disallowed goal was adequate warning, which we either didn't, or couldn't respond to.

Reality check was as certain as taxes. Just a matter of how many games until it happened. Actually gone further than I expected in all honesty! Bouncing back with a good performance now is the real test.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And as for being outplayed, did you watch the second half? Toothless, flabby, lacking in shape and structure, whereas Wolves knew what they had to do, and did it, and the deflection doesn't take away from that. Their disallowed goal was adequate warning, which we either didn't, or couldn't respond to.
    Nahh - we wheren't outplayed - never - you need to go to specsavers - they where better in the second half than the first. had a couple of good chances on the counter, but we had an off night - something that seems to be beyond your comprehention, and AS for their worst start to a PL season??? they didn't win any of their first five last season?? - they've just had their BEST start to a premier season tonight you muppet? As you often patronise others - check your facts before whinging abouty our performances.

Wolves will be a top ten team again this season - we lost to a fluke while not performing anywhere near our best FFS

Suppose its all about expectations - you seem to expect us to play like Man City every game [Apart from when we actually play them - then we need to play like the old Barcelona every week] but realistically that just isn't going to happen, as Jimmy Floyd pointed out tonight - who apart from Leeds supporters actually can name any of our players - if we emulate WOLVES I will be a very happy bunny

Nahh - we wheren't outplayed - never - you need to go to specsavers - they where better in the second half than the first. had a couple of good chances on the counter, but we had an off night - something that seems to be beyond your comprehention, and AS for their worst start to a PL season??? they didn't win any of their first five last season?? - they've just had their BEST start to a premier season tonight you muppet? As you often patronise others - check your facts before whinging abouty our performances.

Wolves will be a top ten team again this season - we lost to a fluke while not performing anywhere near our best FFS

Suppose its all about expectations - you seem to expect us to play like Man City every game [Apart from when we actually play them - then we need to play like the old Barcelona every week] but realistically that just isn't going to happen, as Jimmy Floyd pointed out tonight - who apart from Leeds supporters actually can name any of our players - if we emulate WOLVES I will be a very happy bunny
    Mate Wolves were nothing special so you can imagine how bad we played. We looked cooked after the first 20 minutes If it wasn't for Meslier we would have lost 3 zip to a team that was so and so. I'm not looking forward to the Villa game after this.

Shows I should be a little more critical of the pundits and listen less to them. Ok, correct about it not being their worst start, but hardly their best...(18/19 must surely be that with three wins a one one draw following a first game defeat?) and certainly no great shakes so far with three defeats in their last four games, including Stoke FFS.

Not sure where you get me expecting us to play LIKE Sh1tty, but I DO expect us to compete, and we gave up second half, which is both uncharacteristic AND worrying. None of the subs made any impact at all, and those who started the game were just nothing in the second half, unlike ALL the performances up to date, where we have played, pressed, kept form and structure throughout 90 minutes against class opposition (and I dispute that ANY of the teams so far have been "scratch" opposition, like HO has said, most if not all of the players fielded by the opposition we have faced would be in our starting line up)_

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)