+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 923 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

'More aligned to Tricky's view than yourself and Swaley'. Really? Never have guessed.
    No problem with that...I too am proud of some British achievements/achievers - from the NHS to the British Lions, the Beatles to William Shakespeare - but I don't have any difficulty with reconciling the idea of being both British and European.
    What I do find odd is that you have such difficulty with the concept of being ruled by 'unelected (European) goons' - and I do have sympathy with that view - but don't appear to have the same qualms about being ruled by a bunch of home grown privately educated prats who still harbour school days grudges and have never done an honest day's work in their lives.

Lesser of two evils... At least We can unelect our goons.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Got a lot of time for your comments and posts Angry, so take it that final comment and the link are 'tongue in cheek', 'cos anyone who has to resort to talk of the 'days of Empire' and 'Land of Hope and Glory' has truly lost the plot.

Interesting that you concede that we have gained from membership of the EU but are concerned about where it is 'going'. I would have thought that there are two very good reasons for remaining in it and changing the direction. Not like you to run away.
    Ramanag, if I may I'd like to challenge that.
    The UK gave up on Empire building after WW1. It was stripped slowly over the next 50 years.
    At the current moment in time, only one group is Empire building and that is the EU.
    It is currently playing a dangerous game, flirting with Putins borders and the Middle East.
    True or false. No games a y/n answer will do.

It would be nice to think that by staying in the eu, we could change things. But in reality, the eu is a supertanker set on a course which would need a major event to change direction, maybe brexit, who knows.

Let's face it, Britain is 1 of 28 countries, of which 19 are also in the Euro zone. To think that we'll ever be in a position to change things, is fanciful. Our political position within the eu was very weak, even before the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ramanag, if I may I'd like to challenge that.
    The UK gave up on Empire building after WW1. It was stripped slowly over the next 50 years.
    At the current moment in time, only one group is Empire building and that is the EU.
    It is currently playing a dangerous game, flirting with Putins borders and the Middle East.
    True or false. No games a y/n answer will do.
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    It would be nice to think that by staying in the eu, we could change things. But in reality, the eu is a supertanker set on a course which would need a major event to change direction, maybe brexit, who knows.

Let's face it, Britain is 1 of 28 countries, of which 19 are also in the Euro zone. To think that we'll ever be in a position to change things, is fanciful. Our political position within the eu was very weak, even before the referendum.
    Good call. Exactly how many times has the UK tried to change the EU and how many has it won?
    It's zero, if you wondered.
    We don';t fit in. We don't agree with the EU mandate of unification/ we don't want the single currency/ we don't like the free movement of labour.
    We was always going to lose every attempt at reform. Basically, we pay money, for no influence. Germany and France have the same mandate and call the shots.
    Fine by me, au revoir/ auf weidersehen----- so long and thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    False.
    Really?
    Wow, you're more deluded and conditioned than I thought

OK ramanag, here's something for you to chew on. Broaden your horizons my friend and open your ****ing eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Ralocq9uE
    https://euobserver.com/economic/116448
    http://www.irishnews.com/opinion/col...ilding-517556/
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyHXJSyOCYE

It's happening and I'm glad we're out of it. ASAP please

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Really?
    Wow, you're more deluded and conditioned than I thought
    Amazing...you specifically request a one word answer and then resort to abuse when you get one.
    Got better things to do tbh, than sift through your carefully selected links which usually only support your latest conspiracy theory, but a longer answer to your question would have been that, imo, Putin is the aggressor and NATO, rather than the EU, are responsible for the reaction.
    It's a dangerous situation for sure but not one of the EU's making, again imo.

ramanag i to detest being ruled by cameron osborne etc and tbh i dont expect the country could put out eleven good ones in total.

Page 71 of 923 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)