+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 712 of 923 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 9223

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Then you clearly choose to ignore those that aren't as strident or obvious as Thicky. or maybe you just don't notice?
    Lol...oh I notice alright. I even seem to have simultaneously managed to draw the ire of my supposed left wing ‘ally’ and the forum mod for, on the one hand being politically unobservant, and on the other too politically critical.

Reckon I could list all the regulars on here from you and I (generally left of centre) to our two extreme right wing visitors in terms of political positioning, but it wouldn’t achieve very much and ultimately...with the exception of those who are overtly racist, prejudiced and bigoted...the future has to involve compromise not confrontation.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-04-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...oh I notice alright. I even seem to have simultaneously managed to draw the ire of my supposed left wing ‘ally’ and the forum mod for, on the one hand being politically unobservant, and on the other too politically critical.

Reckon I could list all the regulars on here from you and I (generally left of centre) to our two extreme right wing visitors in terms of political positioning, but it wouldn’t achieve very much and ultimately...with the exception of those who are overtly racist, prejudiced and bigoted...the future has to involve compromise not confrontation.
    Thats just it, you notice the overtly right wingers, you don't notice those who are equally right wing, but come over with faux reasonableness, you clearly can't read between the lines of what they post, but then the extreme flourish because the reasonable ones are content for them to be overtly extreme, whilst they on the face of it are less so, but it doesn't take much to see through them.

As for compromise, yep you carry on appeasing those who tacitly allow the posting of links to offensive (and stupid0 right wing media on here and who post supportive and positive posts for the extreme posters.

You'd have made a good german rA, so reasonable and understanding, whilst not realising they have you for a mug.

Thats just it, you notice the overtly right wingers, you don't notice those who are equally right wing, but come over with faux reasonableness, you clearly can't read between the lines of what they post, but then the extreme flourish because the reasonable ones are content for them to be overtly extreme, whilst they on the face of it are less so, but it doesn't take much to see through them.

As for compromise, yep you carry on appeasing those who tacitly allow the posting of links to offensive (and stupid0 right wing media on here and who post supportive and positive posts for the extreme posters.

You'd have made a good german rA, so reasonable and understanding, whilst not realising they have you for a mug.
    Oh the irony of that
    So much ammunition and yet I can't be bothered lol

Oh not the ‘good German’ line again, please. You’re wrong...I notice the ‘overtly right wingers’ and I stand up to them...always have...always will, but all you do by constantly attacking those who don’t share your view is alienate folk so they ignore your otherwise intelligent views.

It’s first and foremost a DCFC football forum that has attracted about three political threads and a disproportionate response to each one. I never ‘appease’ those who repost stupid and offensive right wing media links although I sometimes choose not to provide them with the ‘oxygen’ of further attention, but your spats with the likes of Andy are entirely counterproductive imo...he MAY be somewhere slightly to the right of centre but he isn’t the ‘enemy’.

Oh not the ‘good German’ line again, please. You’re wrong...I notice the ‘overtly right wingers’ and I stand up to them...always have...always will, but all you do by constantly attacking those who don’t share your view is alienate folk so they ignore your otherwise intelligent views.

It’s first and foremost a DCFC football forum that has attracted about three political threads and a disproportionate response to each one. I never ‘appease’ those who repost stupid and offensive right wing media links although I sometimes choose not to provide them with the ‘oxygen’ of further attention, but your spats with the likes of Andy are entirely counterproductive imo...he MAY be somewhere slightly to the right of centre but he isn’t the ‘enemy’.
    +No but you appease those who swim under the radar with their reasonable seeming views which when deconstructed are clearly right wing and narrow focussed, but you pander to them all the time. In point of fact these folk are more offensive than the right wing bigots who are openly so, at least they have the courage of their (stupid and offensive convictions). The others hide their prejudice and bigotry yet its obvious for those that wish to see.

You continue with your approach by al means, thankfully I have better things to do than talk to the dumb death and blind on here.

I didn't say it wasn't a football forum and I didn't start any of the political threads, but presumably those who aren't interested can pass on by and ignore?

As for AF, not bothered, not someone I'd waste my time on and your wide of the mark with slightly right of centre, but then thats the point and one which you miss all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh the irony of that
    So much ammunition and yet I can't be bothered lol
    You haven't the intellectual capacity to do so in any case, plus I doubt you understand the concept of irony - given your source material for most of you xenophobic bigoted inaccurate views.

You haven't the intellectual capacity to do so in any case, plus I doubt you understand the concept of irony - given your source material for most of you xenophobic bigoted inaccurate views.
    I wouldn't normally advocate smoking dope.
    But in your case, I'd recommend it. You have serious issues lad.

+No but you appease those who swim under the radar with their reasonable seeming views which when deconstructed are clearly right wing and narrow focussed, but you pander to them all the time. In point of fact these folk are more offensive than the right wing bigots who are openly so, at least they have the courage of their (stupid and offensive convictions). The others hide their prejudice and bigotry yet its obvious for those that wish to see.

You continue with your approach by al means, thankfully I have better things to do than talk to the dumb death and blind on here.

I didn't say it wasn't a football forum and I didn't start any of the political threads, but presumably those who aren't interested can pass on by and ignore?

As for AF, not bothered, not someone I'd waste my time on and your wide of the mark with slightly right of centre, but then thats the point and one which you miss all the time.
    ‘Appease those who swim under the radar’ and ‘reasonable seeming views which when deconstructed are clearly right wing and narrow focussed’...I suspect those are just two ways of describing people who disagree with you.

I know there are times to be angry, to fight and hold your ground...but honestly people’s minds are seldom changed by others ranting and ‘shouting’ at them. It’s counterproductive...until it really matters.

As for AF...for someone you’d not ‘waste your time on’ you’ve had one helluva lot of bitter and pointless spats.

‘Appease those who swim under the radar’ and ‘reasonable seeming views which when deconstructed are clearly right wing and narrow focussed’...I suspect those are just two ways of describing people who disagree with you.

I know there are times to be angry, to fight and hold your ground...but honestly people’s minds are seldom changed by others ranting and ‘shouting’ at them. It’s counterproductive...until it really matters.

As for AF...for someone you’d not ‘waste your time on’ you’ve had one helluva lot of bitter and pointless spats.
    rA, as the old saying goes, 'you deserve a medal'. There must be over 100 posts on this thread alone where you are either excusing Swales' antics to others or talking him down from his latest 'Benny'. .

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    rA, as the old saying goes, 'you deserve a medal'. There must be over 100 posts on this thread alone where you are either excusing Swales' antics to others or talking him down from his latest 'Benny'. .
    Not really doing either, AF. I just happen to agree with much, not all, of what he says and disagree with most, not all, of the way he says it.
    He’s a bit of a conundrum but I don’t really care anymore than I suspect he does.

Page 712 of 923 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)