+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

People referring to Brendan Cox as a role model is quite astonishing. I'm talking about the media here and not necessarily this message board.
    He resigned from a charity over allegations of ***ually assaulting a woman plus other inappropriate behavior to other women. There are also strong rumours of affairs.
    This was in the year leading up to when his wife was murdered so I hardly think he is a person who should be taking any morale high ground.
    This morning he's made comment on what was said in Parliament but then admitted he hadn't listened to it.
    Maybe he should keep quiet and the MP who mentioned his wife's name in Parliament should perhaps apologise.

I don't trust any politician.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    People referring to Brendan Cox as a role model is quite astonishing. I'm talking about the media here and not necessarily this message board.
    He resigned from a charity over allegations of ***ually assaulting a woman plus other inappropriate behavior to other women. There are also strong rumours of affairs.
    This was in the year leading up to when his wife was murdered so I hardly think he is a person who should be taking any morale high ground.
    This morning he's made comment on what was said in Parliament but then admitted he hadn't listened to it.
    Maybe he should keep quiet and the MP who mentioned his wife's name in Parliament should perhaps apologise.

....... and there we have it.

As Geoffrey Cox said yesterday:

'this parliament is dead'

At least the caterers will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I don't trust any politician.
    That's a concern then Howdy, some politician will be involved in taking us out...

No concern Roly. I’m a realist.

Some are more untrustworthy than others.

None of them can be trusted. Are you saying you trust them 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Is it the new fashion to refer to me as angry or bitter? LOL.

What the hell has your little rant got to do with my post? Should Nick Boles be referring to Brendan Cox as a role model? Are you saying yes.

I think Boris is talking a lot more sense than you at the moment. Do I trust him? Of course not.

Does it all really affect me, one way or the other? No, not really.

Do I object to paying taxes. No, not really.

Do I appreciate people who contribute very little and know very little (not aimed at you) telling me they know best. No of course not.

Doesn't make me mad. Such conviction they can put the worlds to rights, when they don't have the first idea.

Listening to Corbyn, do I want my kids growing up and start adulthood and a career/job with him as PM. No, not really.

I'd rather Gary Glitter do a bit babysitting for them to be honest because Corbyn? HE makes my blood boil.

Signed Howdy. Who has never voted Blue in his life but will be voting whichever party intends to honour the democratic vote that took place in 2016.
    Agree Howdy
    Can't stand Johnson but it matters not as he is charged with us leaving the EU
    I don't care who does it but do it

Yesterday Labour voted to remove all immigration controls and have freedom of movement for the entire world, 7 billion people!

https://twitter.com/labfreemvmt/stat...09015893995520

Which means we may finally see the end of Labour Party dominance in South Yorkshire, if the media actually covers this story that is, seen nothing on the TV news.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Sometimes my typing on smaller screens gets a bit fuddled, I apologise. In my almost 4,000 posts you'll never have seen me criticise or ignore someone based on their spelling or grammar as I think its a bit cheap, but you are right it wasn't up to the standards I would aspire to. If you genuinely struggled to remove the word 'change' and understand the sentence I'll rephrase:

If you bought a house having 5 years previously ticked yes on a questionnaire saying "I would like to buy a house", does that magically mean that 5 years earlier it wasn't just a questionnaire but actually a legally binding contract to buy a house? No, its a ridiculous idea because the past can never be changed no matter what happens in the future.

When we got relegated from the Championship last season, it doesn't mean that retrospectively we never got promoted to it in 2017/2018. Do you see how this works?
    Thankyou for clearing that up but just for the record I genuinely could not understand your point but nevertheless
    what a shockingly poor argument
    Let me rephrase with something nearer the truth
    First of all it was not a questionnaire it was a referendum but your argument hinges around it being advisory
    If when filling out this rdiculous questionnaire your solicitor [substitute prime minister here] told you that your decision [answer] would be binding & then proceeds to send you a letter [ telling you that you should buy the house] & he would take your instruction from. there then over 450 advisors told you the same [triggering article 50]
    Then you could be forgiven for thinking that the vote was something more than a "questionnaire"

Jess Philips has to lock her self in because of a man banging on her windows yelling fascist

Told u it would get worse

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Yesterday Labour voted to remove all immigration controls and have freedom of movement for the entire world, 7 billion people!

https://twitter.com/labfreemvmt/stat...09015893995520

Which means we may finally see the end of Labour Party dominance in South Yorkshire, if the media actually covers this story that is, seen nothing on the TV news.
    I cant wait to see the movie "THE DEATH OF THE LABOUR PARTY 2019" coming to cinemas near you soon!

Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast