+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maybe the "undisclosed fee" dampens people's excitement. We don't know if he's cost £2.50 or £250,000.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Maybe the "undisclosed fee" dampens people's excitement. We don't know if he's cost £2.50 or £250,000.
    Even the £2.50 was a stretch for Stewarty

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Even the £2.50 was a stretch for Stewarty
    haha true

I was reading about how the dutch media were slating the Huns and saying that Scottish clubs had no chance against them - which reminded me of our win against Groningen so I went back and had a watch, great game - Rooney and McGinn at the height of their powers

Halcyon days in 2014 - the start of a good era which fizzled out under Milne's bleary eyed watch

I'm a b*gger for "what ifs" - but I do wonder where we'd be if Deek had been given the same access to funds which his successors got

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    I'm a b*gger for "what ifs" - but I do wonder where we'd be if Deek had been given the same access to funds which his successors got
    He would’ve just paid more for Gash Taylor

Don't bother wondering.

We'd just have been boring with more expensive players.

I can't understand why he's linked with the Hibs job.

Hibs fans will hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Don't bother wondering.

We'd just have been boring with more expensive players.

I can't understand why he's linked with the Hibs job.

Hibs fans will hate him.
    Well I suppose we'll never really know

But I do like to think theres a parallel universe out there where Nwakali plays a beautiful ball through for big Zola to score the winning goal in the Super Euro Millions Jackpot League

Hmmm - now where did I put the rest of that ketamine....

Chairman Dave has given his weekly "one or two more signings" speech to the P&J.

To be fair he has ponied up especially this window as he has seen you can make money if you follow the right model

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    To be fair he has ponied up especially this window as he has seen you can make money if you follow the right model
    I think that’s right. Our new model is to pay a bit more for players, develop them and then sell some on at a decent profit. Celtic do the same but at a higher level, in terms of their budget. It’s about striking the correct balance between how many we sell and how many we retain. It’s the only way we can survive. So, I imagine that to coin a phrase, every player is for sale, but hopefully not all at once! It’s a better business model than we’ve had for decades and that’s down to DC I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I think that’s right. Our new model is to pay a bit more for players, develop them and then sell some on at a decent profit. Celtic do the same but at a higher level, in terms of their budget. It’s about striking the correct balance between how many we sell and how many we retain. It’s the only way we can survive. So, I imagine that to coin a phrase, every player is for sale, but hopefully not all at once! It’s a better business model than we’ve had for decades and that’s down to DC I think.
    Aye- we make profit and invest in higher level of player makes us better
    Getting the balance right on when is the time to sell will be the difficult bit

Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast