+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Sho, if it turnsh out to be Shteve then I’ll havsh a big schpliff to schelebrate and relaxsh me thinksh.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Sho, if it turnsh out to be Shteve then I’ll havsh a big schpliff to schelebrate and relaxsh me thinksh.
    shmoke and a pancake?

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    If I was to hazard a guess I would imagine a big majority of posters on here will be mid to late 30's to mid to late 50's.😁
    Na, late 60's to 90's I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Na, late 60's to 90's I would say.
    Ffs jj hope you have hard facts mate, both returnofdross and PatterMac will be on soon saying your out of line mate, anyone over 60 surely lives in the tenement at the bottom of the hallowed waving their
    'Dee Power mudda F uckers' banner
    thus educating anyone of a none blue heritage

Malky still favourite and jt 2nd mcclaren and wright. I really cant see mcclaren coming to tannadice tbh but lets see. At least we are doing right things and talking to a few.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Went to see if Spency could Shed any light on his Twitter,he reckons its David Bowie who is the headline act.
    he's blocked me for calling him jim the tim on here

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    he's blocked me for calling him jim the tim on here
    Don’t blame you there OA. THAT night of the Tim Two, Jim Spence on Twitter acted like some sort of poster boy for the green and grey hoops and seemed to go out of his way to engineer hype around GMS and Stretch. For an Arab, he was bang out of order that night and frankly pandered to the great unwashed.

Odds still very short on Wright (don’t think that is happening), Mackay at odds on and McClaren (my preferred choice out of the 3).

Can see how bookies make money

This thing is chopping and changing by the minute but thinking longer term, on reflection I still see Tommy Wright as the best candidate as was the case as soon as Nielson went.

I feel that if things go south at the start under MacKay, he’ll be under huge pressure as the press AND some of the fans start to dredge up his ‘baggage’ while under McClaren, you just know that the Scottish (well West Coast) press will be itching to report on an ex England manager failing in Scotland, so stand by for the Wally with the Brolly getting dragged up at the soonest opportunity. Next season is going to be tough, no question, so avoiding a bit of a managerial ‘media circus’ may be no bad thing.

For those reason Wright, who is well known and respected in the Scottish game, is likely to be given much more latitude and time to get things up and running even with a few bumps in the road you would feel, while the Club gets used to being back up where it should never have left. So still TW for me.

Wright for me too, mclaren’s recent managerial record is poor.

Page 75 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)