+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 425 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    For me, this is the issue with loan deals in general, they are never going to bust a gut for us, as they arent our players, and not likely to be either.
    Surely McLean is the polar opposite to that.
    He's got stuck in and played his best football for Aberdeen since his future was secured for Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Surely McLean is the polar opposite to that.
    He's got stuck in and played his best football for Aberdeen since his future was secured for Norwich
    I will give you McLean.
    I agree he has played so much better now that his future got sorted out. I dont know if he felt that he was owe us a decent season, after never really doing much the first two years or what, but yes, has been our best player this season since "returning" from Norwich.

Not one other loanee I can think of that has been worth a fvck....

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Being an Aberdeen youth player and not being good enough for the first eleven never held back Andy considine or Darren mackie
    Both truly embarrassing players to manage the length of time at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Both truly embarrassing players to manage the length of time at our club.
    Jesus i can be harsh but thats brutal. Dazzler was poor (im being kind) but had his occasional moments albeit very few and spread very thinly over his career. Consi has certainly never been an embarrassment for me and has seen some of his better spells under McInnes, and i actually think he's improved over the years. Just fails when up against the bigot brothers...who doesnt tho over the years with the exception of Hayes.
    What's embarrassing is that players like Dazzler wasnt moved on 8 years sooner than he was. Successive managers are to blame for this.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Jesus i can be harsh but thats brutal. Dazzler was poor (im being kind) but had his occasional moments albeit very few and spread very thinly over his career. Consi has certainly never been an embarrassment for me and has seen some of his better spells under McInnes, and i actually think he's improved over the years. Just fails when up against the bigot brothers...who doesnt tho over the years with the exception of Hayes.
    What's embarrassing is that players like Dazzler wasnt moved on 8 years sooner than he was. Successive managers are to blame for this.
    Mackie and Considine only made/make a living from Aberdeen because they are good trainers and nice guys. Considine is not the worst player I have seen but if he cannot perform in higher pressure matches then we really should have moved him on quickly when that became evident. Mackie was a nice guy also but had very little ability. The length of time they both have served with Aberdeen is truly embarrassing. It just goes to show that our club only wants nice guys who lack an edge of ambition and lack an edge of quality.

Ipswich Town given permission to speak to Jack Ross

Isnt it odd they never went for our genius? Isn’t it? Isn’t it odd? They must’ve heard of him, yet they want to speak to a manager that hasn’t even completed his AFC apprenticeship yet. Very odd indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

Isnt it odd they never went for our genius? Isn’t it? Isn’t it odd? They must’ve heard of him, yet they want to speak to a manager that hasn’t even completed his AFC apprenticeship yet. Very odd indeed

Maybe Ipswich board just thinks that Aberdeen should finish second so it’s not that much of a achievement maybe if he’d won a cup they’d have taken more notice of him.

You're clutching at straws min.

They also didnt approach any of the other 11 football teams in the Scottish Premiership... or maybe its because he turned down both Sunderland and Rangers who are undoubtedly bigger clubs than Ipswich... or maybe its financially cheaper to bring in Jack Ross than any Premiership manager.

It doesnt surprise me that Jack Ross is attracting attention. He deserves a bigger club, but its no reflection on Derek Mcinnes just because Ipswich didnt aproach him . Same as it isnt indicative to the managerial abilities of Neil Lennon, Steve Clark or Steve Robinson.

Not really odd at all , actually. He’s already known down there and been written off by most clubs due to his time at Bristol City.

He’ll be viewed as a non-starter in contrast to the likes of Alex Neill , Derek Adams , Robbie Neilson and now maybe Jack Ross who didn’t have any previous gig in England on their CV.

And there are loads of candidates available for every Ipswich-type job that comes up for grabs. So no surprise at all if McInnes isn’T on their radar

In fact it’s probably testament to the fine job McInnes has done with us that he was in line for the Sunderland job.

Anyway , what’s Kenny Shiels up to these days ?

Thought he played a blinder today. Undefeated after the split, when the pressure was on. Well done McInnes.

Page 78 of 425 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast