+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Census of Posters

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I kind of got fed up with my Subbuteo by the end of the 80s, and yes I then got into Atari & Amiga computer video games in the early 90s. And this has just taken off since then of course with the PS's and the XBox's

Btw, anybody else is welcome to join in here, its not a private conversation lol. Its just that Ive known Swale & Anag for a few seasons now on Footymad
    Kind of explains the difference Acido...by the end of the eighties I'd got four kids and the eldest one of those had even grown out of Subbuteo by then. I even remember goalkeepers on a wire before the green stick...and knew every trick in the book about extending the wire underneath the goal to narrow the angle. You've just made me feel very old.

Don't suppose you remember that magnetic football game or - God forbid - blow football.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-04-2017 at 11:56 PM.

It depends on how old you are Anag, I was born in '71 so in the late 80s & early 90s I certainly didnt have four kids!! (I didnt have any at all to be honest). As for blow or magnetic football, no that sounds too old but I do remember a footy game which was on elastric strigns, you had to ping each lever for the players to kick/shoot when the ball came near them. Does this sound familiar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It depends on how old you are Anag, I was born in '71 so in the late 80s & early 90s I certainly didnt have four kids!! (I didnt have any at all to be honest). As for blow or magnetic football, no that sounds too old but I do remember a footy game which was on elastric strigns, you had to ping each lever for the players to kick/shoot when the ball came near them. Does this sound familiar ?
    Jeez...a proper youngster...'elastric strigns'...think you've been on the electric dreams medicine too Acido.

It was a whip and and a top in my day. I soon got fed up with it, but the whip came in useful a few years later.

And lead soldiers OTR?

Strangely I thought the subbuteo rugby was by some way the worst - I seem to remember the players as being like little plastic coins that you rolled along and "kicking" being almost impossible. Also it wasnt helped when the family dog ate several of the pack.

I still look at the posts most days but this thread sums it up. It started with interesting input, then some abuse crept in then off an a tangent with subbuteo and other non relalated posts dominated losing the point of the original thread altogether. I found it interesting to see the lack of posts about the Rams and how they had played etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride View Post
    I still look at the posts most days but this thread sums it up. It started with interesting input, then some abuse crept in then off an a tangent with subbuteo and other non relalated posts dominated losing the point of the original thread altogether. I found it interesting to see the lack of posts about the Rams and how they had played etc.
    Miss the Like button as I'd press it ten times for this post which diagnoses the problem perfectly

Just to deviate the post a bit further, nowadays a dislike button would get more mileage as the "roguish elements" now frequenting these parts would then see what most of the rest of us think of their contributions!

On balance Id say the forum needs more posters, but not at the cost of quality such as we are seeing at present. Equally we dont want to be like the forum that cannot be named where there are so many people posting as to make it impossible to use IMHO.

We should be like a village whereas the other place is very much big city. Trouble is villages are unsustainable and depend on a few key people. But at least we have our own village idiot for now.

This is probably why threads meander off course as there arent many of them and the posters lack discipline since the few regular posters are comfortable with the deviations. With hands off moderation the site has morphed into a football based general discussion group: but I actually quite like that about it.

There's an element of certain posters rounding on those that have different views. I've sat back and watched it. Some used to like to blame me but its obvious now where it lays.

I can give week bans for those that start to abuse and bicker if posters want ..... but it will cut both ways there's no old boys club?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)