+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: It's Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, no, no BT, you're forgetting about the exchanges. The profit in backing early at big prices is locked in when they progress and the price shortens. I had a fiver on Williams @ 45/1 in Paris, I had £225 to play with and the first game she played where she was odds against I layed her to £20. She got beat, she was out, but I'd won £15 on the bets. Similar with Cilic at Wimbledon, I had a fiver on him pre-tournament @ 25/1 and layed him to £15 when he got into the last four, he didn't win Wimbledon but I still won a tenner on him. Of course the big money arrives when they win at a big price, but as long as your selection makes some progress in the tournament you're going to come out in front.
    I wish you would have told me that 45 years ago when I was spunkin my wage week after week Sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I wish you would have told me that 45 years ago when I was spunkin my wage week after week Sinkov.
    There weren't betting exchanges then though were there Alto, only the bookies could lay bets off, now anyone can. And there was that pernicious betting tax which no longer exists, add in the BOGs which allow you to beat SP with around 60% of your bets, and you've got to be a real mug to lose much to the bookies these days. Us punters have never had it so good.

And then there's matched betting, where you actually CAN'T lose. Happy days.

I doubt it would have made any difference Sinkov, I was told many times that there was many windows in a betting shop for putting your bet on but only 1 for pay outs, I should have invested more money in Clearasil for my ****age spots than throwing it away.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)