+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Liverpool are betting favourites to sign Tarks
    Tottenham, Chelsea and West Ham are reportedly the Reds’ closest challengers for any potential deal and have been priced at 8/1. Whilst Coral also suggest Everton are in the hunt too.

http://www.anfieldedition.uk/2018/06...iverpool-move/

Jürgen Klopp currently has five first team centre-back’s at his disposal, but only the £75million Virgil Van Dijk seems assured of maintaining his position at the heart of Liverpool’s defence.

5 Centre backs for competition- doesn’t seem a good move to me.
    The Reds are having a proper clear out and two of those centre backs are goners. SD however, is quoting £50 million for Tarkowski, which should end the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Reds are having a proper clear out and two of those centre backs are goners. SD however, is quoting £50 million for Tarkowski, which should end the matter.
    I'm not sure it will BT, money is no object to the top six, when you see some of the silly money being thrown around, maybe more than one of them will think £50 million reasonable.

If Mee and Tarkowski are both allowed to go, that leaves us only with Kevin Long, but £70 million in the Clarets kitty is persuasive money.

To replace those two, we will need to hope SD can repeat his magic money tree bargain buys from somewhere asap, sinkov?

You'd hope replacements are already lined up should we lose one or both BT. The strange failure to replace Keane last summer is going to make it harder this summer. We can't take on the added Europa League commitments with just 3 CBs, we need 4, so if we lose both Mee and Tarko we're going to have a lengthy shopping list, and need a lot of training ground time to bed the new defence in. And training ground time is what we won't have, as we fly all over Europe in one of the most pointless competitions imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You'd hope replacements are already lined up should we lose one or both BT. The strange failure to replace Keane last summer is going to make it harder this summer. We can't take on the added Europa League commitments with just 3 CBs, we need 4, so if we lose both Mee and Tarko we're going to have a lengthy shopping list, and need a lot of training ground time to bed the new defence in. And training ground time is what we won't have, as we fly all over Europe in one of the most pointless competitions imaginable.
    Well said , I agree with all of that

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpom View Post
    Well said , I agree with all of that
    I and a lot of fans near me thought Tom Anderson looked very good against Preston - I wonder why we let him go!

According to the BBC Liverpool set to bid 15m for Nick Pope, are they back on the meths at Anfield.

I and a lot of fans near me thought Tom Anderson looked very good against Preston - I wonder why we let him go!
    He should have a ten year career in the lower divisions which most of us would have grabbed with both hands but he isn't any better than that .. if BM and JT did leave we have NO centre-backs of sufficient standard within the club .. KL ? no thanks .

He was with us about 12 years OC, and we let him go because he wasn't good enough. I don't know why he wasn't released years ago, as Ralph says he has a good career in him in the lower divisions, imo we've held him back by keeping him on our books all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    According to the BBC Liverpool set to bid 15m for Nick Pope, are they back on the meths at Anfield.
    Chancers with no chance!

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)