+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Notts quiz questions

Quote Originally Posted by justincast View Post
    Thanks for the quiz upthemaggies, certainly filled some time which as you say we seem to have a lot of at the moment with no current football. Only right to do a few of my own to give you and a few others a go and get some reminiscing going. (hope that they are correct but maybe another answer may fit them as well so I might learn something new).
    THREE QUESTIONS - ALL Answers Current Premier League Teams (so hopefully not as taxing as upthemaggies)
    1. Against Which team did we beat 3 times in the same month.
    2. Against Which team did we beat at Meadow Lane 3 times in 3 consecutive league seasons, scoring 4 goals each time and in 3 different leagues (we also claimed 2 wins & a draw in the 3 away games).
    3. Against which 2 Teams did we win away at twice in the same calendar year.
    1. Mansfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    1. Mansfield ?
    Incorrect although I bet Mansfield would like to be known as a Premier League Team.

Incorrect although I bet Mansfield would like to be known as a Premier League Team.
    Oops. Just looked at the question.
    Southampton

Oops. Just looked at the question.
    Southampton
    Not Southampton.

1. Aston Villa (beat three times in October 1982, twice in the League Cup [2 legs] and the league at home).

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    1. Aston Villa (beat three times in October 1982, twice in the League Cup [2 legs] and the league at home).
    Correct Answer, we also beat them on 16th January 1982 to record 4 consecutive wins in the same year after losing 6-0 to them in the FA Cup in early January 82.

For 3. there's more than two clubs unless you're limiting it to league only.

Clue for Navy, West Midlands and London (That means it's not Norwich).

This is the question where there's possibly more than the 2 answers I have in mind so happy to see more added although 1 I had in mind involved the cup and I was present at all these games (plus I was trying not to duplicate the same team to a previous question). Good of you to give correct clues for Navy.
    Last edited by justincast; 31-03-2020 at 03:48 PM.

This is the question where there's possibly more than the 2 answers I have in mind so happy to see more added although 1 I had in mind involved the cup and I was present at all these games (plus I was trying not to duplicate the same team to a previous question). Good of you to give correct clues for Navy.
    I've come to the realisation that I'm not very good at footie quizzes.

I've come to the realisation that I'm not very good at footie quizzes.
    Two teams who we beat twice away in the same calendar year.
    There's two Premier League clubs in the West Midlands. It's one of those. We wore the green kit.
    For London, think 'party pooping'.

Come Navy, you can do this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast