+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Icky are confirmed to be leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'll let you into a secret. Two players who have twice failed to keep us in the Championship so were always going to be surplus to our needs, it was just a question of keeping them interested in RUFC to get some idiots to overpay for their services. Now guess who those idiots were?
    and watch those idiots fold when they can't play their players wages again!......tic toc tic toc as they say..........

Quote Originally Posted by helmut_rooster View Post
    au revoir, au revoir

Thanks for your two best players, reyt good of ya 👍
    Oh dear, you're going to be really disappointed if you think that. Enjoy another season in the Pub League 😄

As mentioned, they are just footballers and there is no loyalty involved.

I don’t blame them but personally I hope they fail miserably just for my entertainment. I think there is quite a high chance that at least one of them will.

It would be quite amusing to see them at the bottom end of league 1 with the fans saying how crap they are.

I’m actually not bothered that they’ve gone to be honest though. They both failed the last time we were in the championship and they’re not exactly fantastic players.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post

I don’t blame them but personally I hope they fail miserably just for my entertainment. I think there is quite a high chance that at least one of them will.

It would be quite amusing to see them at the bottom end of league 1 with the fans saying how crap they are.

I’m actually not bothered that they’ve gone to be honest though. They both failed the last time we were in the championship and they’re not exactly fantastic players.
    Shark by heck you demand a lot ......Smith bangs in 25 goals last season and he's not a fantastic player? Just hope his replacement can score 20 Championship goals or what will he be? As for Icky, I'll give you that he was average at best but he does know how to score own goals....he's fantastic at that!

I thought from the beginning they would both leave but after listening to warneys interview yesterday it really sounded like one or both would stay. Warney seemed relaxed and pretty confident, so then you get some hope and a lift, but should have known better I suppose lol . Warney did explain in that interview why the club had kept talking to them both rather than have a take it or leave it approach, but it looks to have backfired big time and it feels like we have been used . Given that the Marlon Fossey rumour turned out to be a fake today I really hope there will be some good news sooner rather than later, UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shark by heck you demand a lot ......Smith bangs in 25 goals last season and he's not a fantastic player? Just hope his replacement can score 20 Championship goals or what will he be? As for Icky, I'll give you that he was average at best but he does know how to score own goals....he's fantastic at that!
    Other than last season his goal scoring has been pretty ordinary though. Misses some sitters as well.

IMO he is definitely one of those players that could go backwards. Look where he was before he joined us. They need to play him the same way we did but will their manager want to? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post

I agree Sharky....but if they fail 'footballing wise' they may still say it's the best decision they made.Take Ben Pringle as an example.....a 2 year deal at Fulham and a 3 year deal at Preston.He has done nothing 'footballing wise' since leaving us but he may well say that leaving RUFC is the best thing he ever did!

You’ve got to laugh , in the middle of the twitter meltdown is a Tesco advert for Pork Loin Joint and Crispy Pork Noodles , mind you there is already a video of Michael smith in his new top , it made me feel sick

Such is the bile and vitriol the best thing Smith and Ihiekwe can do is move house

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast