+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Radar

“Jeez” - Yet another ‘non-thread’ with absolutely no basis!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but it's extremely worrying that the brothers have made many staff redundant. A couple of people have said the brothers aren't what they seem, and 'When the truth comes out Notts are in big trouble' apparently they have been trying to force their staff to accept a wage cut for months...
    How do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The downside is, the current owners will probably stay with us for a couple of more seasons. Then true to Notts style, we will be sold to some dodgy back street crook who then sells all of our better players to pay for his gambling debts. And true to form, we are hit with unpaid VAT payments, points deduction for late payment of staff wages, and the obligatory relegation battle.. Welcome back to the Conference...
    Whenever the club is put up for sale, it's going to be a worry who buys it and the above scenario can't be ruled out, though the higher up we are when that day arrives, the bigger the cushion we have against falling back into the NL and the more likely we are to attracts decent owners.

No club averaging 8-10k should hang around in tier 4 for long, especially with 4 promotion places available, so I'm optimistic we will go up within the next three or four seasons and as long as the owners are smart enough to then recognise the point where they can't realistically take us any further, then there's scope for us to continue to climb up the pyramid into tier 2 - which would be a game changer for Notts and at the very least, an opportunity to etch some proper history onto a stone that actually matters.
    If they left it too late, with the club back in decline, then we could well be looking at yet another repeat of a post-Pavis era disaster and this sorry saga of lower league obscurity rolling on towards half a century.

Is it just me or does there seem to be an air of "we are Notts County, things can't go this well" doom and gloom here for no reason when we should still be on cloud 9 about getting back into the EFL?

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Is it just me or does there seem to be an air of "we are Notts County, things can't go this well" doom and gloom here for no reason when we should still be on cloud 9 about getting back into the EFL?
    No, it's not just you

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    No, it's not just you
    Can we lock this negative thread and put it out of its misery.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    I think everyone's entitled to their opinions, however dark and pessimistic. Unfortunately, as we're all Notts fans, I suspect we all have a fear that the wheel is bound to fall off in some spectacularly disappointing and embarrassing way and that we'll have to get the collection buckets out...again. Hopefully this time that is a misplaced fear but it doesn't hurt to be cautious!

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    It's a shame we didn't have a thread like this when Munto was about, then again 38 (I think) of us voted against the Munto takeover, it pays to be cautious, once bitten twice shy as they say!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Who are "the many people feeding on negativity"?

I can't see any.
    I said so many people feed on negativity but feel free to misquote me. If you can't see that a lot of posters feed on negativity on this board then frankly I am quite surprised Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I said so many people feed on negativity but feel free to misquote me. If you can't see that a lot of posters feed on negativity on this board then frankly I am quite surprised Elite.
    As countygump said only recently "Some people just see what they wanna see."

QLD is right. Negativity is the staple NCM diet, the traditional tapas of this board for the more pessimistic of fans. You have got to be incredibly blinkered to have missed it. Or intentionally ignore.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast