+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Time to make Webb accountable...

It`s obvious these petty new rules are never going to work properly,far too many bookings and sendings off for nowt,and games that go on until Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    It`s obvious these petty new rules are never going to work properly,far too many bookings and sendings off for nowt,and games that go on until Christmas.
    Towner, I've posted this before. No one else got sent off for 2 yellows in the Championship on Saturday. We knew the new rule but didn't follow them. The only thing Madley did wrong was not send off Szmodic......
    .......but he is still an arrogant 2hat. We shouldn't be giving him the chance to act. There's more like him out there and 1 is waiting for us Saturday by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    The only thing Madley did wrong was not send off Szmodic......
    As someone else pointed out what about not giving a yellow for the foul on Fred? Maybe the new rule states that waving of an imaginary card negates all possibility of showing an actual card.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    What’s your opinion of his handling of the incidents surrounding the scorer of their two goals ?
    Fair, unfair, balanced , unreasonable ?
    Felt very unfair and inconsistent. I was as ****ed off as anyone. But if we're asking him to apologise for the two yellow cards he have, my point was he wouldn't as by the laws etc he was correct. Asking him to apologise for a lack of consistency and what feels to us like bias, now that's another thing. And I'd love to hear him questioned on that for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Felt very unfair and inconsistent. I was as ****ed off as anyone. But if we're asking him to apologise for the two yellow cards he have, my point was he wouldn't as by the laws etc he was correct. Asking him to apologise for a lack of consistency and what feels to us like bias, now that's another thing. And I'd love to hear him questioned on that for sure!
    So its a yellow card for celebrating agoal?
    He didnt take his shirt off or run into fans so imo hes a **** who definitely needs to apologise

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So its a yellow card for celebrating agoal?
    He didnt take his shirt off or run into fans so imo hes a **** who definitely needs to apologise
    I don't think it was just for celebrating the goal Tops, it was for going to the front row in exactly the way that Man Utd's scorer did on Monday. I don't know for sure but I'm assuming that it is making contact with the fans in the celebration? If anyone knows for sure exactly what the rule is on this, I'd love to hear it. If there is, then I'm sure our tw*t of a ref will just say he was doing his job upholding the rules whilt the Man Utd ref should be the one apologising.

The thing is Madley was not following the rules because he was being inconsistent. He was choosing which ones to follow and which to ignore eg the smodzics incident. I think the rule is to do with causing crowd probs. He actually went towards the disabled section. I doubt if it would have caused a riot down there. In fact the only person who potentially was causing a crowd prob potentially was him because there could quite easily have been a crowd invasion incited by him. Not the right thing to do but credit to millers fans for not doing that.

I don't think it was just for celebrating the goal Tops, it was for going to the front row in exactly the way that Man Utd's scorer did on Monday. I don't know for sure but I'm assuming that it is making contact with the fans in the celebration? If anyone knows for sure exactly what the rule is on this, I'd love to hear it. If there is, then I'm sure our tw*t of a ref will just say he was doing his job upholding the rules whilt the Man Utd ref should be the one apologising.
    FA rules to which none of this happened

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:
    climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues
    gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
    covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
    removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt
    DELAYING THE RESTART OF PLAY

I think the problem is that we don’t actually know why he received a yellow card for that celebration, he probably doesn’t ****ing know himself why he gave it
    Last edited by millertop; 16-08-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    FA rules to which none of this happened

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:
    climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues
    gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
    covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
    removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt
    DELAYING THE RESTART OF PLAY

I think the problem is that we don’t actually know why he received a yellow card for that celebration, he probably doesn’t ****ing know himself why he gave it
    In the ref's head it must have been 'approaching the spectators...' but can't see how safety was compromised! Or delaying the start of play, but again, hard to see how it was any different to loads of other celebrations. No doubt, Madley would think himself justified against either of these. I wish I'd had seen the Blackburn fella 'kicking the ball away' as not sure on the manner he did this

In the ref's head it must have been 'approaching the spectators...' but can't see how safety was compromised! Or delaying the start of play, but again, hard to see how it was any different to loads of other celebrations. No doubt, Madley would think himself justified against either of these. I wish I'd had seen the Blackburn fella 'kicking the ball away' as not sure on the manner he did this
    Plenty of vid clips on twitter Pup. JUst look for the stuff where viktor is booked.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast