+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibernian

When the manager loses his players…

…he smokes the wife’s Silk Cut instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Maybe, was that when we were second top of the league though as opposed to joint bottom!?
    That was the season when we nearly got relegated and beat Dunfermline in a playoff to stay up.

We were no where near being second top of the league in 94/95.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That was the season when we nearly got relegated and beat Dunfermline in a playoff to stay up.

We were no where near being second top of the league in 94/95.
    We were prior to that, in around 1992 - he’s too old now and likely has a decent BBC deal but we need to do something about our defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    We were prior to that, in around 1992 - he’s too old now and likely has a decent BBC deal but we need to do something about our defence.
    Willie Miller is a god and is the best player we have ever had but he was not a good manager.

His first 2 seasons was good but he had guys like McLeish and Bett in the team and once he had to replace them he brought in dross which is why he’s never had a job as a manager since.

Will always be a hero to me but he’s better off sticking to the radio punditry nowadays.

Really not much to say which has not already been said, utter shambolic.

I was and to a certain degree still am a supporter of Robson, but seriously he has to stop speaking utter shyte in his post match interviews he is starting to sound exactly like Jim Cantwin, Excuse after excuse and its starting to ring alarm bells with me.
    My punts are OK for now but they may be out on the washing line for a dry come the end of September if we have not turned this around.
    Neil Lennon will be getting ready to email his CV to Cormack once again.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Really not much to say which has not already been said, utter shambolic.

I was and to a certain degree still am a supporter of Robson, but seriously he has to stop speaking utter shyte in his post match interviews he is starting to sound exactly like Jim Cantwin, Excuse after excuse and its starting to ring alarm bells with me.
    My punts are OK for now but they may be out on the washing line for a dry come the end of September if we have not turned this around.
    Neil Lennon will be getting ready to email his CV to Cormack once again.
    Aye min, tho yer post is mair balanced than maist lately, even if it has taken on that infectious 'gloomius paranoiatus' virus, Ah hiv tae say, Ah dinna believe Robson is spikkin sh!te ... Ok, he might nae hae said ootright he is clueless regardin his best startin XI ... and clueless regardin fit formation will suit him or the players he has ... but.

He says the new guys hae barely had time tae introduce themsels, let alone understand their 'game' ... fact.

There are a number o' the new guys ... and some older fa are nae up tae required fitness/speed ... fact ... as we have observed and commented on .... Aye, ye could put that at the managers door ... except, there are reasons, previously stated, which the manager has/had no control over. ( fact ... if ye can be arsed researchin ... dinna blame ye if ye canna )

He says we will come good ... weel, that will only be 'fact' if and when we do .... but ... ffs ... surely, anybody watchin oor games, even when we've been gubbed, can see signs that when we 'click' we will go fkn 'BOOM! .... Ah mean, ffs ... it's less than 2 weeks since oor away game v' Hacken when the sensible majority on here were impressed (though nae cairried awa) wi' our general performance and enthused by particular individuals and elements.

We still hae that in oor locker ... and Ah dare say, much mair.

Ah can understand, given certain/many individuals' 'match fitness' and lack o' familiarity wi team-mates and our game plan that Robbo hisna sussed oot his best XI .... Ah also recognise that nae individual on this, our beloved forum, has any better ideas ... but, hey ... we can comment ... and sometimes we're proved right, and other times proved wrang ...

We have that luxury ... fit we say or rant aboot has nae consequence.

For me, Robbo took us fae relegation fear tae third, which has earned us Euro group games. Ah'm nae aboot tae be a bampot an' say he winna earn himsel the sack if things dinna turn roon ... but Ah'd gie him till the end o' the Euros oot o' fairness ... in spite o' results in between .... but, then, that's because Ah believe we've amassed a damn good squad, stuffed wi' quality players jist needin a wee bit mair time tae adjust than we might be comfy witnessin'

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Aye min, tho yer post is mair balanced than maist lately, even if it has taken on that infectious 'gloomius paranoiatus' virus, Ah hiv tae say, Ah dinna believe Robson is spikkin sh!te ... Ok, he might nae hae said ootright he is clueless regardin his best startin XI ... and clueless regardin fit formation will suit him or the players he has ... but.

He says the new guys hae barely had time tae introduce themsels, let alone understand their 'game' ... fact.

There are a number o' the new guys ... and some older fa are nae up tae required fitness/speed ... fact ... as we have observed and commented on .... Aye, ye could put that at the managers door ... except, there are reasons, previously stated, which the manager has/had no control over. ( fact ... if ye can be arsed researchin ... dinna blame ye if ye canna )

He says we will come good ... weel, that will only be 'fact' if and when we do .... but ... ffs ... surely, anybody watchin oor games, even when we've been gubbed, can see signs that when we 'click' we will go fkn 'BOOM! .... Ah mean, ffs ... it's less than 2 weeks since oor away game v' Hacken when the sensible majority on here were impressed (though nae cairried awa) wi' our general performance and enthused by particular individuals and elements.

Ah can understand, given certain/many individuals' 'match fitness' and lack o' familiarity wi team-mates and our game plan that Robbo hisna sussed oot his best XI .... Ah also recognise that nae individual on this, our beloved forum, has any better ideas ... but, hey ... we can comment ... and sometimes we're proved right, and other times proved wrang ...

For me, Robbo took us fae relegation fear tae third, which has earned us Euro group games. Ah'm nae aboot tae be a bampot an' say he winna earn himsel the sack if things dinna turn roon ... but Ah'd gie him till the end o' the Euros oot o' fairness ... in spite o' results in between .... but, then, that's because Ah believe we've amassed a damn good squad, stuffed wi' quality players jist needin a wee bit mair time tae adjust than we might be comfy witnessin'
    So you'd give him until the tail end of December regardless if we're out the cup by County, still struggling in the league and sitting closer to 12th place than 6th?

That's very grand of you, I'll remember that sentence just in case I have to dig it out because you've suddenly changed your tune and screaming for Robson to GTF in October/November time.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

Fair paly neeps min, spikin a lot of sense there.
    As I said my punts are still dry, but we need to start showing what we are capable of on a regular basis. Ok the final score line against timothy at hame 2nd game of the league reads 1-3 but I was fair impressed with the approach of the team that day as we stood at them and went toe to toe and with bit more composure and nae that howler from Devlin we could have and probably would have came out of that with at least one point if not all three. The turn around against Hacken and the come back was impressive, and we were unlucky not to win the tie on the night.
    We were fkn lucky against St Midden and coming away from that with a point was daylight fkn robbery think we all agree on that one.
    Stirling Albion in the cup we won and are still in the cup enough said about that.
    Yesterday was on a par with the St Midden game probably a worse performance at times if that is even possible and yesterday we ended up getting exactly what we deserved and that was SFA.
    There are plenty positive signs there for sure but Barry needs to stop sounding like Jim fkn Cantwin in his post match interviews (withoot the accent)
    I do honestly think we will be fine, but to go into the first international break of the season joint bottom of the league is nae the start we all thought of.
    Duk needs to be dropped for a few game as he is utter mince right now and seriously sometimes looks as if he is nae even interested, has he had his head turned by supposed interest in him ??
    Clarkson needs to be played further forward and in my humble opinion we need to persevere with Polvara as I think he just might go on to prove a lot of his doubters wrong.
    You are right, Robson took us from being relegation fodder to europe and subsequently the group stages allbeit at a lower level than we had a shot at, so he does deserve to see that through.
    I am nae a lover of sacking managers willie nilly and I hope we stick by Barry.
    I have never ever wanted any Aberdeen manager to fail, and that goes for Glass and Cantwin as well, I never wanted them appointed in the first place, but when they were I never wanted them to fail.
    I dont think Barry will fail, as you say he needs time and so does the 13 new arrivals.
    But the big serbian unit Ruby looks as if he is already beyond help, Serbian version of Anthony Stewart by the looks of things.
    anyway onwards and upwards and here's to better times ahead for us all.

COYR
    SF

Its been a tough watch the last few weeks and some very discouraging results. I'm on the happy clapper end of the spectrum but even my endless optimism has taken a bit of a beating.

Its more the repeated false dawns after Glass and Goodwin, I'm hoping Barry doesn't follow suit - and I don't think he will

I do agree with a previous poster who said our infrastructure is much better now - our facilities and recruitment have improved in the past few windows. A good football club should have a setup that isn't wholly dependant on the manager a la Deek which I think we are getting closer to now.

From watching the play and a wee bit of analysis, I think we will come good - its just the timeline that worries me as Barry needs to get them clicking soon - we can't afford to lose too much ground on the top of the table and Motherwell/ St Mirren seem to have clicked quickly. Even the Tims and Huns look vulnerable this season and we should really be taking advantage of that.

Fitness has been raised a few times and I'd agree - looking at the stats we have conceded a big percentage of goals in the 70th-90th minutes, hopefully once the rest of the team are up to fitness - especially Duk - we will playing more like our purple patch from last season.

The midfield is still a bit of an issue for me and I'd like to see a longer switch to a back four rather than mid-game but I think the huge number of CB's we have now has removed that choice

We'll rattle Hearts and the season will begin proper (I hope)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678