+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Maybe not, but I don’t remember many world class performances from him for England over the years.
    Same applies to many players

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Overrated.??? Have you seen his goal tally from midfield in the premier league? I don’t think many Chelsea fans who watched him every week would agree with you.
    Out of interest 61pie, are Chelsea your 2nd team or something?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Maybe not, but I don’t remember many world class performances from him for England over the years.
    That’s because every manager prior to Southgate for the last 25 years didn’t play a system, they just shoehorned the big names into a team, to the detriment of most of them.
    Lampard, Gerard, Scholes were continually played together in the hope that it would just work, but it never did.
    Fabio Capello said he was always under enormous pressure from the FA to play the ‘stars.’
    This is why I think Southgate has done a fantastic job for England and doesn’t get nearly enough praise.

Don't judge Frank Lampard based on England performances look at his 400+ games for Chelsea at the highest level. He is rated as he should be rated, highly.
    If you use England games as your yardstick Paul Scholars was inconsistent and pretty average rather than a Manchester United great and legend. One of their very best players.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Paul Hurst sacked by Grimsby
    This one passed me by. By my reckoning, there are three L2 clubs looking for managers - Grimsby, Colchester and Bradford (after the Cowleys turned the latter job down last week).

Bradford are announcing Graham Alexander tomorrow. That isn't going to move the needle much.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    That’s because every manager prior to Southgate for the last 25 years didn’t play a system, they just shoehorned the big names into a team, to the detriment of most of them.
    Lampard, Gerard, Scholes were continually played together in the hope that it would just work, but it never did.
    Fabio Capello said he was always under enormous pressure from the FA to play the ‘stars.’
    This is why I think Southgate has done a fantastic job for England and doesn’t get nearly enough praise.
    You say show horn in. The problem was, and for some people on this board, still is a problem, 4-4-2. All 3 could play in Englands current set up. All 3 could play together in many of the modern day teams…Notts included.
    The issue England had, was no obvious left midfielder/winger. We also had a period with no left backs (Phil Neville played there).
    Southgate is fortunate that clubs that his players come from play a multitude of tactics, unlike the good old days where everyone was 4-4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You say show horn in. The problem was, and for some people on this board, still is a problem, 4-4-2. All 3 could play in Englands current set up. All 3 could play together in many of the modern day teams…Notts included.
    The issue England had, was no obvious left midfielder/winger. We also had a period with no left backs (Phil Neville played there).
    Southgate is fortunate that clubs that his players come from play a multitude of tactics, unlike the good old days where everyone was 4-4-2.
    In the good old days it was 2 -3- 5.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Southgate is going down the route of picking players on who they play for too.

He is a dour and ****e manager like most international managers are now they are second rate at best.

The guy still plays slabhead at CB after he said when appointed “you get picked on form and playing for your club” doesn’t seem that way to me.

Mind International footy is ****e so let him carry on

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Bradford are announcing Graham Alexander tomorrow. That isn't going to move the needle much.
    If I were a fan of the Bradford massive, I would find that rather an underwhelming appointment.

Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast