+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

I am used to getting dogs abuse on here.
    was very vocal on my dislike for donkey cosgrove and took an amount of sh1t for that.
    Have also been vocal from the day we binned McInnes that we should have been talking to Neil Lennon (took sh1t for that as well) but I stand by it.
    If we had taken Lennon in instead of Glass then we would not be in the sh1t show predicament that we currently find ourselves in, but now I do not think Lennon would take the job, I would have McInnes back but for sure 100% he wont come back
    So third choice Alex Neil, would he want to risk his already stuttering reputation coming to us I doubt it.
    Seriously I have no fkn idea who would come, we need someone in for the long run not just a few months for ship steadying, that is not the answer.
    But who is the million dollar question

Just for a laugh, if you HAD to choose one out of Tony Doc and Derek McInnes to be next permanent manager who would folk prefer?

Aye I Ken, most will say none blah blah but just wondering, both doing well enough on their own after being a duo for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Just for a laugh, if you HAD to choose one out of Tony Doc and Derek McInnes to be next permanent manager who would folk prefer?

Aye I Ken, most will say none blah blah but just wondering, both doing well enough on their own after being a duo for a long time.
    Tony Doc for me.

I thought Dundee looked decent on Wednesday, albeit we were honking.

DM would steady us, but the old issues would rear their head again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Tony Doc for me.

This

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Tony Doc for me.

Yeah Same, Doc for me.

People calling for Deek back? He'd definitely stabilise us and with time get us back into fairly consistent 3rd places and the odd cup final but then we're just back to where we started. We wanted change and however painful it is we have to keep trying to get a team and manager who can deliver more than that. Impressive though what he's done with Killie - a team littered with Don's cast-offs, shows how far decent coaching can take you

I'm pleased for Doc with the Dee, made some interesting signings too. Could definitely see him get established as a decent league manager

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post

McInnes for me

Doc - McInnes can't come back. Ironically, the sight of Curtis Main on Tuesday just reinforced that in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Doc - McInnes can't come back. Ironically, the sight of Curtis Main on Tuesday just reinforced that in my mind.
    McInnes is now more experienced and would be coming back to the same club granted but with almost entirely different players. I’m not sure that he could work with DC but he would be infinitely better than the three managers who have followed him and likely a better candidate than most others currently being mentioned. Can’t see it happening though, but stranger things …

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    McInnes is now more experienced and would be coming back to the same club granted but with almost entirely different players. I’m not sure that he could work with DC but he would be infinitely better than the three managers who have followed him and likely a better candidate than most others currently being mentioned. Can’t see it happening though, but stranger things …
    I enjoyed Deek's time as much as the next fan. Crucially if anyone is coming back - are they now a better manager? He's had a bit more experience but has he really changed all that much from his time here?

From what I've seen of Killie they are well organised, don't concede much, don't score much and are pretty bland to watch. A lot of his early success was founded on the work Pa Brown did - Hayes, McGinn, Robson, Reynolds and Anderson plus Rooney in his first window. Could he get the same tune out of our squad today?

On another note with Alex Neil being the favourite(?) anyone know how his teams play? I haven't watched much Engerlish footie despite being down here...

With all due respect to them, any of our former managers working for Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd, doesn't show that they have improved and are in much demand.

Fresh ideas are required.

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast