+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 820 of 923 FirstFirst ... 320720770810818819820821822830870920 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

As we now seem to have abandoned checks on good imported from the EU!

The British Ports Association (BPA), a lobby group for the industry, calculates that at least £450m of taxpayers’ money has been spent on these now mostly unwanted new border control facilities. This includes the £200m government fund for buildings at ports, as well as an estimated £250m spent by the government on building 10 inland border facilities, in places such as Dover and Holyhead where there is not space for a checkpoint next to the terminal. These buildings will be difficult to repurpose.

Looking more and more like Boris's days are numbered... Now the dust has settled and everyone has now excepted Brexit, Who would you like to be our next Prime Minister, I know most folk would want Nigel Farage but at the moment that's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Looking more and more like Boris's days are numbered... Now the dust has settled and everyone has now excepted Brexit, Who would you like to be our next Prime Minister, I know most folk would want Nigel Farage but at the moment that's not possible.

Lol...full circle! Slightly less popular than Johnson these days isn’t he, Ramshank?

OK rA, your challenge: Snog Marry or Avoid - Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, DCFCA ???

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    OK rA, your challenge: Snog Marry or Avoid - Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, DCFCA ???
    Can we rename it to...Shoot Murder or Assassinate?

Come on, play the game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Come on, play the game.....
    I’m not sure I know how...you might have to explain, but honestly...I think I’d prefer to spend time with DCFCA than either of the other two. At least we could talk about football and I might be able to help him with his homework.

If you’re really asking me to put them in ascending order of dislike it goes...1. DCFCA 2. Johnson 3. Farage on the basis that...
    1 makes no difference to my life at all, he just upsets you.
    2 is a spent force who will soon be an irrelevance.
    3 has done the UK more harm in my lifetime than any other single individual so I should probably snog him given my current state of health.

Going to have nightmares tonight after that.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-07-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Don't necessarily agree with you about Johnson being a spent force, but hey we shall see. He can still do damage from the back benches or if he resigns as an MP in the newspaper column. After all i was his lies and false stories about the EU, which stoked the fire which lit the touch paper which encouraged the Tory euro sceptics and they are still there you know!

Anyway much along the lines of the Monty Python "I'm not dead yet" sketch, Johnson hasn't gone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Don't necessarily agree with you about Johnson being a spent force, but hey we shall see. He can still do damage from the back benches or if he resigns as an MP in the newspaper column. After all i was his lies and false stories about the EU, which stoked the fire which lit the touch paper which encouraged the Tory euro sceptics and they are still there you know!

Anyway much along the lines of the Monty Python "I'm not dead yet" sketch, Johnson hasn't gone yet.
    How much longer can he have left considering in excess of 50 ministerial resignations, MPs turning down the offer of taking up a minister's post and the current Chancellor telling him Boris time is up and he should go less than 48 hours after accepting the role....

Dead man no longer capable of walking IMO.

With regard to any possible journalistic role in the future, wouldn't his new employer see paper/magazine sales drop?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think I’d prefer to spend time with DCFCA than either of the other two. At least we could talk about football and I might be able to help him with his homework.

Apparently Boris wants to stay on until the new leader in Oct, how's he going to do that without a cabinet? I actually feel for him on a personal level, he might be in over his head but can't fault the commitment.

Page 820 of 923 FirstFirst ... 320720770810818819820821822830870920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)