+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 847 of 954 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857897947 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 9536

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Watched some MOTD again last night, three weeks in a row. VAR isn't really helping them much down their is it.

Seems to make a bigger c**t of things than TBITB do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Watched some MOTD again last night, three weeks in a row. VAR isn't really helping them much down their is it.

Seems to make a bigger c**t of things than TBITB do.
    Let’s see if you have the same opinion after the match next weekend.

We may well find we're a man down for next weekend via tv evidence already.

Completely and utterly unreasonable of course but I wouldn't bet against it.

VAR is just a TV replay, the problem is the f@cking stupid refs watching the replays.

But it's still better than nothing.

I’m not so sure.
    Nothing seems the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m not so sure.
    It might let the rest of the watching world (all three men and a dog) see how biased refereeing is here.

Not that anyone cares apart from the fans of the teams who aren't the ugly sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m not so sure.
    VAR is not perfect, but it has its uses. It’s definitely better than the status quo.

Offside is one area it helps. Very easy to see objectively if someone is offside or not.

Weve lost countless goals to the cheeks over the years that were offside. This will help.

Subjective calls will remain subjective - and some will therefore still be wrong.

Others, like the Motherwell penalty last week Vs Livingston - which was never a handball in a million years when you saw the replay - will be corrected.

The disgrace there was the linesman clearly guessed. If he’d actually seen it then he would not have told the ref to give a pen.

So overall, on balance, I’m for VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    VAR is not perfect, but it has its uses. It’s definitely better than the status quo.

Offside is one area it helps. Very easy to see objectively if someone is offside or not.

Weve lost countless goals to the cheeks over the years that were offside. This will help.

Subjective calls will remain subjective - and some will therefore still be wrong.

Others, like the Motherwell penalty last week Vs Livingston - which was never a handball in a million years when you saw the replay - will be corrected.

The disgrace there was the linesman clearly guessed. If he’d actually seen it then he would not have told the ref to give a pen.

So overall, on balance, I’m for VAR.
    I`m cautiously optimistic about it . But hold the cynical belief that it will only be called into use when the Cheeks protest.

Depends on the hunb`stard refs who get sent to review their decisions on the var monitor though.............?

And whether any " controversial " incidents AGAINST the cheek opposing side are flagged up for review .
    Won`t hold my breath.

BTW Any hint of the SFA listening to Malky`s moan about the " Clarkson tackle " ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    BTW Any hint of the SFA listening to Malky`s moan about the " Clarkson tackle " ?

A man of your vintage will have realised who we are due to play this weekend.

Page 847 of 954 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857897947 ... LastLast