+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 852 of 923 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853854862902 ... LastLast
Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    But you haven’t provided backup to your assertion Sith and I think you’re misinformed
    Swaledale has I think, but I will find the link but I'm away in Iceland so will do it when I get back in New year

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Yeah, I know you forest fans love to live in the past but germany 2 weeks ago can not possibly be next year
    Loving the sarcasm Sith, but seeing as NEXT YEAR, is only 3 days away, perhaps you can see my confusion?

I wasn't even in the MUNICH STADIUM EITHER, though I was in 79

Swaledale has I think, but I will find the link but I'm away in Iceland so will do it when I get back in New year
    Swale is the Grandmaster of ‘a recent poll found that…’

My best knowledge is that

there will be no requirement for a visa but there will be a requirement for a visa waiver (£7 for 3 years)

The need for fingerprinting/biometrics has been delayed until at least next November and possibly beyond due to a) the tech not working and b) some countries being unwilling to resource it

Both are primarily due to U.K. not being in Schengen rather than not being in EU although that’s not 100% clear

Just proving clarity in good faith

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's ironic that someone so opposed to Brexit should nonetheless line his own pockets from it and yet still claim a moral high ground of being right. A person true to himself would have turned such work down - let alone crow about it repeatedly
    How do you make that out? I was helping people whose business was about to be decimated by Brexit, my advice was clear if 30% or more of your business was dependent upon trade with the EU, then one needed to take certain steps to protect that. Funnily enough there were plenty who didn't believe that the government would leave them in that situation, some even believed what the Brexiteers were promising, that we would get a deal that gave us the same access to the single market as when we were in the EU.

So your saying, because I didn't vote for it, because I thought it a big mistake and would prove to be a ****show, that I shouldn't be paid helping people ensure they could still trade afterwards? Not sure morality has anything to do with it, I mean I'm not helping arms traders or nations with a history of human rights abuses.

I was perfectly true to myself, I provided advice and assistance based on my own forecast as to what would happen, in doing so I helped a lot of businesses keep trading in a situation that neither they or me had control of. In doing so I staked my reputation and credibility on the line and was paid handsomely for it. Would I rather we hadn't had Brexit, you bet! But hey apparently it was the "will of the people" and one has to respect democracy!

The fact that I now remind those dumb ass people who voted for this disaster just how bad it is, is merely me enjoying being right!!

Sometimes you do talk some utter *******s!!

there will be no requirement for a visa but there will be a requirement for a visa waiver (£7 for 3 years)

The need for fingerprinting/biometrics has been delayed until at least next November and possibly beyond due to a) the tech not working and b) some countries being unwilling to resource it

Both are primarily due to U.K. not being in Schengen rather than not being in EU although that’s not 100% clear

How the **** did you equate my post which was factual, to your comment on polls? You have just repeated what I posted, with a minor addition, so your comment is doubly odd, even by your standards, which admittedly aren't very high.

But GP, doesn't everyone love a braggard?
    Oooh you are awful!

Actually the point I was making is, (and it does rather show how dumb some are I have to explain this but hey ho), that ironically I have probably benefitted more from Brexit than its strongest supporters on here and certainly more than many of my acquaintances who voted for it! And yes there is a certain schadenfreude about this which I enjoy and why not?

I also do not have other issues with Brexit for other circumstances, but being fortunate oneself doesn't prevent one from wishing that it had not been the blight on the UK generally which it has proven to be.

Still we have being charged for a visa and finger printed on entry to the EU to look forward to from next year.
    To the best of my knowledge there is nothing wrong with Sith’s statement above.

If Tricky is too dim to recognise that what happened to him in Germany two weeks ago is totally irrelevant to what Sith correctly suggests is going to happen sometime in 2023 that’s his problem...but perhaps others should lay off.

It’s just yet another example of how Brexit is making things more difficult for most people. As Swale says, it may not be the biggest deal, but yet again Brexit is shown to be disadvantageous to most people and we still await any of the advantages we were promised.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    To the best of my knowledge there is nothing wrong with Sith’s statement above.
    Perhaps rather than us get into a bitchfest about it we should let Sith decide when he’s back off his jolly.

arguing its a visa waiver is just semantics I think, I don't think I need to post a link as its been accepted that (likely ) from sometime next year there will be added costs to travel within the EU (other than roi).

Unless as you suggest it would be applicable regardless of eu membership or not. I guess the answer there is if ROI citizens will have to pay the visa waiver or not and from what I can see they won't, and they have a similar pre brexit set up to the UK.

Anyway holidays beckon. Happy New year all.

So it's 7 quid per 3 years for multiple visits then? With current inflationary trends that's less than the cost of a pint and a bag of crisps. Not sure that it's a major cost of Brexit, more a pain in the arse applying for it.

Page 852 of 923 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853854862902 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)