+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 86 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    After Corbyn disgraceful behaviour the Tories should advocate a vote of confidence in him
    To what disgraceful behaviour do you allude?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm struggling to see where I've said it is "the Labour Party's doing" but I have said I don't think they'll do any better as far as Brexit is concerned.
    I'm quite happy that you seem to believe Corbyn and his gang are the answer to the problems but I'll never understand your blind faith in politicians.
    MM, you've lumped them in, don't backtrack please.

Whether the labour party would do any better on brexit is hypothetical, really is.

I don't have blind faith in politicians, what i will say though is that Corbyn is a whole lot different to the type we've been used to in the UK for many a year, and to be honest i'm quite surprised he's said what he's said today, because, as i've alluded to previously, he's undergone more scrutiny, more media bullshyte than any other political figure and has taken it like a true leader, his normally calm demeanor has slipped today, granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Where has MMM said Corbyn & his gang are the answer
    You do seem to change the meaning of others posts in just the same way as another poster on here
    I think the tone & innuendo of your narrative often gives clues as to your true position
    Why else would he/you want them in power?
    The single most important thing facing the country at the moment is Brexit so presumably you would expect them to make a better job of it? Nothing else should distract them from sorting that out.
    I'll say again, the Tories are a shambles, they have caused this mess and their efforts to resolve it are hopeless.
    I suspect "May's plan" will be voted down spectacularly (I certainly hope so), Corbyn will call for a vote of no confidence in the government, Labour will win the general election and Corbyn will be left holding the baby. The question then is, will he drop it or will it thrive and grow?

To what disgraceful behaviour do you allude?
    Calling May a "stupid woman" and then denying ever saying it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    MM, you've lumped them in, don't backtrack please.

Whether the labour party would do any better on brexit is hypothetical, really is.

I don't have blind faith in politicians, what i will say though is that Corbyn is a whole lot different to the type we've been used to in the UK for many a year, and to be honest i'm quite surprised he's said what he's said today, because, as i've alluded to previously, he's undergone more scrutiny, more media bullshyte than any other political figure and has taken it like a true leader, his normally calm demeanor has slipped today, granted.
    To be honest the business of calling May a "stupid woman" is just a side issue and shouldn't be given so much oxygen. Unfortunately that's politics though and both sides jump onto things like that. That's the type of thing that grates on me as far as politicians are concerned.
    I'm probably being naive when I say I would have liked some unity in the Commons in an attempt to achieve the best outcome for the country as far as Brexit is concerned. The opposition system mitigates against that which is another thing that frustrates me because there must be things that both sides agree on but unfortunately neither party will ever say so.
    I'm not blaming Labour for any of the current mess but neither am I convinced they will do any better unravelling it. Scary really.

Why else would he/you want them in power?
    The single most important thing facing the country at the moment is Brexit so presumably you would expect them to make a better job of it? Nothing else should distract them from sorting that out.
    I'll say again, the Tories are a shambles, they have caused this mess and their efforts to resolve it are hopeless.
    I suspect "May's plan" will be voted down spectacularly (I certainly hope so), Corbyn will call for a vote of no confidence in the government, Labour will win the general election and Corbyn will be left holding the baby. The question then is, will he drop it or will it thrive and grow?
    I'll tell you just a few reasons why i want them in power....

Rough sleeping up 169%
    130.000 homeless kids...
    1.2B bribe to the DUP to keep themselves in power...
    4B to plan for their no deal brexit...
    Austerity linked to 120.000 deaths...

i could go on and on and on......

To be honest the business of calling May a "stupid woman" is just a side issue and shouldn't be given so much oxygen. Unfortunately that's politics though and both sides jump onto things like that. That's the type of thing that grates on me as far as politicians are concerned.
    I'm probably being naive when I say I would have liked some unity in the Commons in an attempt to achieve the best outcome for the country as far as Brexit is concerned. The opposition system mitigates against that which is another thing that frustrates me because there must be things that both sides agree on but unfortunately neither party will ever say so.
    I'm not blaming Labour for any of the current mess but neither am I convinced they will do any better unravelling it. Scary really.
    I'm absolutely with you regarding our political system, quite frankly it's an out dated dinosaur which should be scrapped and a modern version put in it's place, some of the archaic rules and ways are frankly comedic, and should have no place in a modern country.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Calling May a "stupid woman" and then denying ever saying it I guess.
    Where there is a bias doesn't auger well for fair play does it?
    I have already said Corbyn was stupid to try & deny mouthing [to himself I might add] in just the same way as Hammond did just a few months ago but did you have anything to say on that matter
    In case you missed it here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8VpzgGzz3I

Where there is a bias doesn't auger well for fair play does it?
    I have already said Corbyn was stupid to try & deny mouthing [to himself I might add] in just the same way as Hammond did just a few months ago but did you have anything to say on that matter
    In case you missed it here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8VpzgGzz3I
    I don't think calling someone a "stupid woman" is ***ist personally but lying about it isn't good for a politician.

I remember when he lied about that Virgin Train having no spare seats as well.

But just like the other poster said, just because I don't like Corbyn doesn't mean I like the Conservatives.

TBH I think that people obsessed with two-party politics are part of the problem, you're just maintaining the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I don't think calling someone a "stupid woman" is ***ist personally but lying about it isn't good for a politician.

I remember when he lied about that Virgin Train having no spare seats as well.

But just like the other poster said, just because I don't like Corbyn doesn't mean I like the Conservatives.

TBH I think that people obsessed with two-party politics are part of the problem, you're just maintaining the status quo.

Well answer the question then
    Did you have anything to say about Hammond?

Page 86 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast