+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 863 of 923 FirstFirst ... 363763813853861862863864865873913 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,630 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    This is what happens when you merge two seperate forums back into one.
    Off topic/ Donnington ram lounge was either your thing or wasn't,
    Only way to keep football seperate.
    Clearly not the case. If things non football related are marked O/T then there is suitable differentiation, but that’s not the issue.
    The issue is one of behaviour. Let’s face it...if this was nothing more than a football forum you wouldn’t be here.
    For ‘football’ read ‘DCFC’...you’d have nothing to say and nothing to offer and anyway you love the ‘rough and tumble’ of the more controversial threads.

As Sith intimated earlier...if the forum was moderated in such a way that those who repeatedly indulged in personal insults were ‘carded’ accordingly then it would, imo, be problem solved. It would also help enormously if we returned to the tradition of having two moderators and, as MA has already offered, I’d personally be more than happy to see him assume the role of joint mod.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-02-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I doubt most people ever wanted Nigel Farage as PM.
    ... except for Nigel Farridge himself.

Yes, phonetical spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Clearly not the case. If things non football related are marked O/T then there is suitable differentiation, but that’s not the issue.
    The issue is one of behaviour. Let’s face it...if this was nothing more than a football forum you wouldn’t be here.
    For ‘football’ read ‘DCFC’...you’d have nothing to say and nothing to offer and anyway you love the ‘rough and tumble’ of the more controversial threads.

As Sith intimated earlier...if the forum was moderated in such a way that those who repeatedly indulged in personal insults were ‘carded’ accordingly then it would, imo, be problem solved. It would also help enormously if we returned to the tradition of having two moderators and, as MA has already offered, I’d personally be more than happy to see him assume the role of joint mod.
    I agree with having more than one moderator, it creates balance and also takes pressure off the single moderator. Surely it would be good for someone to have another person to bounce stuff off, or maybe even have someone on an even footing to tell them they may have got something wrong.

In addition if warnings etc were introduced then having a second moderator to receive appeals is also a good thing to do to ensure that those on the end of warnings/bans dont feel they have been targeted. Once again not saying this happens but when there are differences of opinions and personalities its easy to think that that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Not true, football is more than DCFC. Quite a statement that.
    From grass roots to International.

Not true, football is more than DCFC. Quite a statement that.
    From grass roots to International.
    Actually called Derby County Mad

Name:  mad.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  16.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Actually called Derby County Mad

Name:  mad.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  16.4 KB
    Yes it is. So are you saying that all football is about DCFC only?

WOW, just WOW.

Yes it is. So are you saying that all football is about DCFC only?

WOW, just WOW.
    Surely what they mean is all, or at least most football on here is DCFC related, me thinks you are being argumentative for the sake of it with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Swale: this is the OP from 2016. It asks who people want to succeed Cameron as PM, it does NOT invite debate on whether Brexit is desirable and so such debate takes the thread off topic. Not rocket science to understand is it?

Just because the word Brexit is in the thread title as a "date reference" it doesn't mean that it's the subject of the thread.

Eg a thread titled "Now the First Would War is over, who should take over from David Lloyd George as PM" would not invite mass debate on the myriad causes of that war.
    The Title of this thread is The Futures bright the Futures Brexit! - quite how you then work out that the thread is not about Brexit is puzzling. Yes the first post in the thread suggest Farage as PM to take over, but saying that discussion of Brexit and the future of it is off topic is indeed bizarre. Of course the subject in the title of the the thread is what the threads about, otherwise, why put that as the title?

Its not as you put it "rocket science" to deduce that if the sole topic under discussion was who would succeed Cameron as PM, then the title of the thread would be "Who will be our next PM?" simples!!

Your example doesn't work because the title isn't "Now we have Brexit, who will be our next PM?" There is no date reference, the title is purely about Brexit! I realise matters can be interpreted in many ways, but there is absolutely no ambiguity in the title as your suggesting.

You are I respectfully suggest, wrong on this occasion. You are making an assumption, based on the first post asking who would be the next PM, but you don't know and neither do I what the authors intention was. But at least I'm going on the basis of the thread title, not what I think it might be!!

Surely what they mean is all, or at least most football on here is DCFC related, me thinks you are being argumentative for the sake of it with this one.
    Of course he’s being argumentative for the sake of it...it’s what he does!

Ultimately though, MA and Sith are absolutely right. It’s a Derby County forum which shows little interest in other aspects of football.
    To demonstrate...can’t remember how much comment the World Cup attracted, but threads about Pele, George Cohen, Jack Marriott and the appeal of the FA Cup earned just eight (8!) posts between them.
    Fact is...if/when there’s little to speak of about DCFC we talk about other topical things i.e. Brexit (8628), Johnson’s demise (658), Carelessness of the Tories (304), and Cricket (159).
    In comparison our match performances only usually generate between 15 and 40 replies depending on performance.
    I rest my case.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-02-2023 at 03:40 PM.

Par for the course I'm afraid! Of course the main topic on here is DCFC, yes discussion can and does wander off on to other football topics, but its primary function is to act as a discussion forum for fans of Derby County. The only reason TTR is on here is to be provocative and because his own teams footymad forum is moribund!!

I get that people don't necessarily want to read/discuss non football topics but that's well covered by the use of the sticky function, unless one is curious, there is no need to scroll down to off topic threads.

I get that sometimes the banter/argument/juvenile discourse can be off putting, apologies for not resisting baiting the two people who can't resist it. But again you don't have to follow it and for those who think the Forum would be more active without off topic or debates, most of the Forums are moribund, the tumble weed blows through them.

Anyway, I promise to refrain from non relevant discussion from now on.

Page 863 of 923 FirstFirst ... 363763813853861862863864865873913 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)