+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You don't seem to understand. I often refer to Forest as "the scum", but that is always aimed at the club rather than the fans. Although I may sometimes insult their fanbase in a message board banter style, I honestly don't think that they are too different to any other footy fans. My sister, prospective son-in-law and regular squash partner are all Forest fans, but I get on well with all of them. Any club with a support even into 3 figures is likely to contain a typical mix of good, bad and average. I hate their club with a passion, which is why I can justify the "scum" terminology, but common sense stops me from extending it to 25,000+ fans.
    Oh I do understand Elite . So if someone was to refer to the Royal Navy as " the scum " , they are only referring to the institution that is the Royal Navy not the serving personnel or ex like me. Glad you cleared that up.

It might just be me but why would Forest want to sell Grant for £500,000. It's not really a huge amount for him, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Oh I do understand Elite . So if someone was to refer to the Royal Navy as " the scum " , they are only referring to the institution that is the Royal Navy not the serving personnel or ex like me. Glad you cleared that up.
    I don't think you do understand. The armed forces analogy you mention is ridiculous. The passion involved in supporting a football club defies logic but is immensely powerful. You just can't compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    It might just be me but why would Forest want to sell Grant for £500,000. It's not really a huge amount for him, is it?

Too many 00 on there son.

I don't think you do understand. The armed forces analogy you mention is ridiculous. The passion involved in supporting a football club defies logic but is immensely powerful. You just can't compare the two.
    The analogy is ridiculous to you because you always believe you are right . The passion I have for Notts , my team , my lads team , the team my old man supported . My parents , who where both in the Navy by the way where going to emigrate to Oz in the mid 60's but my mum decided she couldn't leave her mum. My dad told me he was relieved ( much later obviously , sadly I thought I better get that in ) , he would have missed Notts to much.
    Last edited by navypie; 11-01-2018 at 09:29 PM.

The analogy is ridiculous to you because you always believe you are right.

Yaaaaawn. So how many people make a post in the belief that they are wrong?

Yaaaaawn. So how many people make a post in the belief that they are wrong?
    Yaaaaawn. Sorry I don't kiss your bottom like many on here.

You don't seem to understand. I often refer to Forest as "the scum", but that is always aimed at the club rather than the fans. Although I may sometimes insult their fanbase in a message board banter style, I honestly don't think that they are too different to any other footy fans. My sister, prospective son-in-law and regular squash partner are all Forest fans, but I get on well with all of them. Any club with a support even into 3 figures is likely to contain a typical mix of good, bad and average. I hate their club with a passion, which is why I can justify the "scum" terminology, but common sense stops me from extending it to 25,000+ fans.
    I bet your best friend is black as well, therefore .............................

I bet your best friend is black as well, therefore .............................
    Therefore what? What the f*ck are you on about?

Therefore what? What the f*ck are you on about?
    Don't go there.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast