+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Apart from the Helsinki game I just don’t think MacDonald has been that good this season.

He probably is slightly better than Rubezic who is obviously making a lot of mistakes because he is still quite young for a centre back.

MacDonald doesn’t really fit into the whole process that Cormack goes on about either,buy young players to develop into international players and sell them on for millions.

That seems to be something that’s been put into the last few managers priority list by Cormack.
    MacDonald has hardly played tbf. He deserves a run. Certainly ahead of that walking disaster.

The “process” and recruitment philosophy is fine and as it should be - and we’ve had some big hits with Ferguson, Ramadani and Miovski, but I’d like to know exactly what the analysis and decision making in the process involves?

I know stats & data play a big part, but are they actually fully scouting these guys and taking a good look at them actually playing?

I’m struggling to believe they are in some cases - Richardson, Rubezic, Guere, Stewart, Dadia? (no one’s seen him tbf).

I have eyes, I’ve watched them. I’m no expert of course, but it was abundantly clear to me very quickly they are just shyte. If we have scouts looking at these guys properly, and still recommending them, we need some new scouts…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    MacDonald has hardly played tbf. He deserves a run. Certainly ahead of that walking disaster.

The “process” and recruitment philosophy is fine and as it should be - and we’ve had some big hits with Ferguson, Ramadani and Miovski, but I’d like to know exactly what the analysis and decision making in the process involves?

I know stats & data play a big part, but are they actually fully scouting these guys and taking a good look at them actually playing?

I’m struggling to believe they are in some cases - Richardson, Rubezic, Guere, Stewart, Dadia? (no one’s seen him tbf).

I have eyes, I’ve watched them. I’m no expert of course, but it was abundantly clear to me very quickly they are just shyte. If we have scouts looking at these guys properly, and still recommending them, we need some new scouts…
    Our head of recruitment Mowbray left in the summer and we replaced him with a guy called Jordan Miles. He will be the guy who has recommended the players we signed this summer.

I can’t see these guys travelling all over the world to watch the players we sign it’s all just done on a laptop then they sit down with the manager and Steven Gunn to decide who we want to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Our head of recruitment Mowbray left in the summer and we replaced him with a guy called Jordan Miles. He will be the guy who has recommended the players we signed this summer.

I can’t see these guys travelling all over the world to watch the players we sign it’s all just done on a laptop then they sit down with the manager and Steven Gunn to decide who we want to sign.
    Aye, that’s what I fear is the case. Gunn inna, hmmmm.

Loan signings, maybe laptop scouting is ok, but if we’re spending £400-£500k (massive money by our standards) I’d be expecting to have a right good look at the lad first.

Anything less is a massive false economy, as Guere is proving…

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789