+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum - Use It (correctly) or LOSE it !

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    You should've aimed that earlier missive at me:

There is still (some) snow on the ground here and I do own a Vancouver Whitecaps jersey - a m/w one of Lorimer's from 1982!

That is some cool sh it.

You should've aimed that earlier missive at me:

There is still (some) snow on the ground here and I do own a Vancouver Whitecaps jersey - a m/w one of Lorimer's from 1982!

that is spot on fella, and wont have come cheap, your going back a few years ago there.

if im not mistaken , didnt, david harvey go over there as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    that is spot on fella, and wont have come cheap, your going back a few years ago there.

if im not mistaken , didnt, david harvey go over there as well ?
    Yep. I think a couple of others might have gone across too.

I don't have too many shirts without Leeds connections (bar the Patriots ones).

For a while I was collecting odd shirts of "our" players at other clubs with the idea of opening a bar, framing them up and sticking them on the walls.

A few decent players too: Speed, Fairclough, Batty, amongst others

* I maybe spend too much time on the wrong side of the bar to get organised properly? *

Yep. I think a couple of others might have gone across too.

I don't have too many shirts without Leeds connections (bar the Patriots ones).

For a while I was collecting odd shirts of "our" players at other clubs with the idea of opening a bar, framing them up and sticking them on the walls.

A few decent players too: Speed, Fairclough, Batty, amongst others

* I maybe spend too much time on the wrong side of the bar to get organised properly? *
    I remember watching Batty play for Allerton Grange school at about u12s m/w shirt from then would be serious memorabilia

PS great tops Orgs (inc Patriots one) but has to be Dolphins all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I remember watching Batty play for Allerton Grange school at about u12s m/w shirt from then would be serious memorabilia

PS great tops Orgs (inc Patriots one) but has to be Dolphins all the way!
    Not got that one!

Here's the very first m/w shirt I acquired:-

I think it's still possibly my favourite, even though others are "more important" in the scheme of things.

RIP Gary

Miami are better than they have been in recent years, but they're still a way off.

Miami are better than they have been in recent years, but they're still a way off.
    yup started watching them when Dan the man Marino was breaking throwing records and they are a pale imitation of that team. On the flip side I saw the Eagles when they were hopeless and look at them now.

there was a rumour that Brady or Bellichek wouldn’t be at the Patriots next year and part of the reason Jimmy G went to the 49ers was because Brady didn’t like any threats to his status ...

there is good money to be made in football memorabilia these days .

if you could get hold of every leeds shirt since the seventies , you would need very big walls indeed , but it would be a sight to see .lol

you would get them coming from miles around . you can still get them on ebay , but i dont know how much they charge .
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 29-03-2018 at 06:14 PM.

So if you could pick 5 players shirts to have, who would they be and what shirt.

For me.

1. Eddie Gray - smiley shirt
    2. Gary Speed - champions shirt
    3. Beckford - shirt he wore when he scored across the penines
    4. David Batty - the all yellow kit shirt
    5. John Charles - any shirt he wore

Not got that one!

Here's the very first m/w shirt I acquired:-

I think it's still possibly my favourite, even though others are "more important" in the scheme of things.

RIP Gary
    Nice Orgs - very nice indeed

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)