+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamilton Roll Call And Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Very very true. We should really be scoring at least 5 against a poor Hamilton team. McInnes is a fud playing 2 sitting midfielders against Hamilton who pose no threat whatsoever.
    That is the worst Hamilton team I have seen since they have been in the top flight so let’s not get carried away and pretend we are now a very decent side. We are still in the bottom six!
    Hope that is a bit reality for you chap.
    Killie couldn't beat them on Saturday and the week before they ran the Hvns very close , so they're maybe not quite as bad as you're making out

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

One thing I didn't like too much was that Wright seemed to be playing as a make-shift left back at times whilst Lowe was up on the left wing or wandering about in the centre. It didn't matter much as we were so far ahead last night, but against better teams we'll get punished for that as Wright isn't positionally aware of what's required in that defensive role.
    I disagree, Wright was positionally aware and doing his job in those situations.
    The young right back for Hamilton was their most impressive player, with bags of pace and wright was covering him when he went forward.
    GMS didn't cover as well in the first half, hence the boy McGowan was free a couple of times, including his shot off the post.

I also think their no25 Scott Martin might be one to watch as well.

Well, Hamilton are now our feeder club

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I disagree, Wright was positionally aware and doing his job in those situations.
    The young right back for Hamilton was their most impressive player, with bags of pace and wright was covering him when he went forward.
    GMS didn't cover as well in the first half, hence the boy McGowan was free a couple of times, including his shot off the post.

The rigfht back McGowan, wasn't that the boy that we were also apparently after in the summer, but he went to Hamilton instead? signed from some Guffie lower div club?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    The rigfht back McGowan, wasn't that the boy that we were also apparently after in the summer, but he went to Hamilton instead? signed from some Guffie lower div club?
    I believe so.
    He just signed a one year deal and wanted gametime.
    I think he was a succession planning for Logan for us and not able to be guarantee the gametime he was looking for.
    If so, fair play to him for getting the gametime at Hamilton and may still be an option for us next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Agree ... Ah thought Scott Wright put in a crackin shift as well. Ah really hope there's some possibility o' keepin Max Lowe beyond the loan term .... looks tae me the kind o' player ye need in wi the foundations o' a solid core tae build on. Keep him on the team sheet Deek min
    He needs to play every week does young Lowe.......quick,confident and ability way beyond who he replaced on Sunday......made a difference and will continue to do so if selected.

SF

I believe so.
    He just signed a one year deal and wanted gametime.
    I think he was a succession planning for Logan for us and not able to be guarantee the gametime he was looking for.
    If so, fair play to him for getting the gametime at Hamilton and may still be an option for us next summer.
    You both must have been watching a different game from me as no Hamilton player stood out and looked decent. We need better players than the likes of him if we are to progress.
    He couldn’t lace Shay Logan’s boots.
    (I agree with Shay....f@ck The Rangers )

You both must have been watching a different game from me as no Hamilton player stood out and looked decent. We need better players than the likes of him if we are to progress.
    Your entitled to your opinion, even if its invariably wrong

He couldn’t lace Shay Logan’s boots.
    (I agree with Shay....f@ck The Rangers )
    most people seem to watch a different game to you.

You both must have been watching a different game from me
    True. You get a completely different perspective when you're actually at the game, and not just basing your view on the Sportscene highlights.

I get that our wide players need to track back and cover runs etc, but there were times in the second half when Wright was at left back and Lowe was nowhere to be seen which seemed a bit odd. I'm not criticising either of them for their performance, I thought they both played pretty well - just seemed a little odd as it wasn't just a one off thing, it happened quite frequently to the extent that I was beginning to wonder if McInnes had made a tactical change to switch the two players round.

Personally I'd rather have Wright in the 10 role rather than out wide, but the good thing about Wright, McGinn and GMS is they can all operate anywhere across the pitch so they can switch around during the game.

I have to say I didn't think any of the Hamilton players looked particularly great last night, although I know they have done okay in recent games.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast