+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: GMS transfer speculation

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    What is your favourite bit of the decline of our Club?
    Seriously! what is that meant to mean?
    Family aside, the once michty are the pinnacle......we are not in decline and will enable myself to get my passport stamped again......how many years on a row?

SF

Chablis

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Family aside, the once michty are the pinnacle......we are not in decline and will enable myself to get my passport stamped again......how many years on a row?

SF

Chablis
    We are getting run out of our home, we are happy to be also rans..not sure how much of a decline you would need?

SF

Chablis
    pinnacle (noun): the most successful point

Okay........

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    71 appearances 16 goals and 10 assists.

Not great but far from poor,we have had worse players than him who got less grief than he did.
    I'd need to dig but, anecdotally, a few of those goals were pens......and approximately half the assists came in two games when he was on a hotter.

The lad has ability, nae doubt, but for me he just doesnae produce enough at the business end......... and I said the same when he was at the joot.

I work with a guy from Caithness, roughly a contemporary of the boy, and his take on GMS is "nice guy, very deep, has had a few issues".

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    "...has had a few issues".
    Knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'd need to dig but, anecdotally, a few of those goals were pens......and approximately half the assists came in two games when he was on a hotter.

The lad has ability, nae doubt, but for me he just doesnae produce enough at the business end......... and I said the same when he was at the joot.

I work with a guy from Caithness, roughly a contemporary of the boy, and his take on GMS is "nice guy, very deep, has had a few issues".
    Like I said his goals and assists aren’t great but they are not anywhere close to being the worst.

Again there have been worse players than him that have been almost worshipped by some of our support.

On his day GMS is a very good player. Those days are too infrequent. I'd guess there are a few issues as well, based on a few observations, not uncommon in footballers. We live in a modern world - he'll get support from the club. Not sure about the USA move though.

Mr Skovdahl did warn us to be careful when examining statistics, and if you don't rummage about too much behind them, then they can be quite persusive.

However, for me, the most damning point about GMS is something that is difficult to measure numerically and is based on, my admittedly unreliable, memory. I can't remember him delivering a match winning performance in one of the big games. Perhaps Siroki Birjeg away, but apart from that, I can't remember any other.

Somebody asked if we were being too harsh on the lad? He was one of our top earners and he came with, for our standards at least, a big reputation. He's failed to deliver during the two seasons he's spent here. Indeed, we've hardly seen him for the last six months.

He leaves in the summer, and I think no more of him than I did before he arrived...

GTF........ get on the half empty mini bus.......
    The mini bus muppet strokes again

clown

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    The mini bus muppet strokes again

clown
    “muppet” and “clown”, thanks for that, another couple of nice insults, now......enjoy your Sunday lunch.......unfortunately I’ve got a date with a large bacon roll, couple of lagers followed by a game of golf with “made up chums” in a couple of hours, obviously there will be money involved as I, like your good self, need to put food on the table.

Best wishes to GMS wherever he goes, sadly did not quite fulfill the potential he obviously has/d with us.

SF

Uhu

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789