+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ayr

I take it I might as well save a couple of hours of my life by not watching what I recorded last night?

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    I take it I might as well save a couple of hours of my life by not watching what I recorded last night?
    yes and some disk space too. I really wouldnt unless you want to hear utd songs for 45 mins which was the highlight

I think we all need some perspective. It's one result. A bad one, no, very bad one yes. As has been said, since Robbie took charge he's won more points than anyone else.

Agree TTT - I was excited for the game. But alas the whole experince (apart from fans) was mince. I hope Nesbitt, Harkes and Gomis get upto speed quick and Clark.

I had a nagging feeling we'd get beat, seen Ayr bouncing back from the criticism and right up for it (these teams use us being the team people think should be winning the division at motivation too), they are a different proposition at home and once I saw the conditions and mcmullan starting etc was only one outcome

They will stay the course with Shankland back fit

The following questions need to be answered

1) Why were United unable to string together 3 passes last night ?

2) Why did United keep losing the ball at throw ins ?

3 ) Why did the players play with no fight, motivation or pride ?

4) Why is there no driving force in midfield ?

***The weather conditions had nothing to do with the result - Arbroath play ay Gayfield and have only lost one game all season, their winger Bobby Linn has scored 16 goals - so please, no excuses about the weather. ***

I think credit must be given to Ayr for not letting us settle and play. They knew they had to do that. It's up to us to have something else is a game is going like that.

We are most teams cup final in this division. We have to rise to the tempo and be able to compete otherwise we just look ahit and dont win games

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    The following questions need to be answered

1) Why were United unable to string together 3 passes last night ?

2) Why did United keep losing the ball at throw ins ?

3 ) Why did the players play with no fight, motivation or pride ?

4) Why is there no driving force in midfield ?

***The weather conditions had nothing to do with the result - Arbroath play ay Gayfield and have only lost one game all season, their winger Bobby Linn has scored 16 goals - so please, no excuses about the weather. ***
    1) Nae idea!

2) Baffles me why they short throw, get the ball back and expect there to be a passing option every feckin time!

3) Nae idea!

4) There were 2 on the field last night that i at least expected one of them to show that.

Dont know how you can totally discount the weather conditions? Just because the slope at Tannadice has stopped being a factor does not mean that home teams dont have the advantage when playing in conditions they know how to handle!

Thing about the weather, and the conditions were poor,is that while playing against the wind we hardly left a glove on Ayr. I think our first shot on target was in the fortieth minute. Yet in the second half Ayr put us under far more pressure and were denied a second goal by a goal line clearance playing into the same conditions. They adapted far better to the conditions.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)