+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Raith

Today, well the second half, was so far short of good enough it's unreal.
    I'd be interested if any stattos can give statistics as to how many chances/goals we've made/scored when neither Hedges nor Ramirez are on the field?

First half today we were so utterly dominant but created so few clear cut chances there was always the chance it'd bite us.
    We get a second today and it's game over.

I'd no issue with the changes but I reckon I'd always have one of Hedges or Ramirez on the park.

Adverse special cause variation beyond the control limits of our free-scoring norm may be shown up in last Sunday’s scrape-through and today’s ****-up, and I’m guessing that the required investigation would identify process input change as a likely factor in variability from the predicted output.

(I’m speaking ****e, because I have not had to deal with this sort of thing since I retired 21 months ago, but it keeps my OCD levels up).

All I'll say is Cormack is a fat robbing yank c u n t

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Bad day at the office. Can't, I don't think, lump all the blame on the manager. The players were mince, thinking the game was over at half time.

Another way to look at the changes made by the manager for the game is that if (accepted that's a fair sized if) we beat Qarabag we get a minimum £2m. If (and also a fair sized if with the constant home draws for you know who) we win the League Cup then we pocket £300k. It may be that the club thought the gamble was worth it not knowing the players would put in such a poor performance, bordering on utter arrogance.
    I take it you've seen the club's roll of honour?

I've never seen our group stage qualification in 2007 listed on there.

I do see the League cup though - several times.

The day we start prioritising fuuckin cash for qualifying for a group stage over actually winning a trophy then we're done.

Its nae fuuckin guffball.

Sadly, I think you may be right and that has been the thinking - a very sad and dark day if so.

And I do blame the manager. Not totally of course - as you say the players should always be good enough to beat Raith fuuckin Rovers, but he got all the red flags and warning signs he needed at Livi. He completely ignored them and as a result we're out of one of the two trophies we might just actually have a chance of winning. He deserves plenty stick for that...

Agree with that Moog although earlier i said i would accept a league defeat at slimecastle if it guaranteed european group stage. The revenue generated ffrom that to me is huge for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    All I'll say is Cormack is a fat robbing yank c u n t
    Thanks fot your in depth analysis once more.

Well the euphoria of the Hacken game seems a long way off after yesterday, but I suppose, on reflection, we shouldn't be surprised. It's been obvious the squad is still imbalanced, Emmanual Thomas isn't a penalty box striker, which is pretty important if he's the only one on the pitch. Too many players are getting past it/not good enough as evidenced by last season's debacle. More changes in January I would imagine, if not by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I take it you've seen the club's roll of honour?

I've never seen our group stage qualification in 2007 listed on there.

I do see the League cup though - several times.

The day we start prioritising fuuckin cash for qualifying for a group stage over actually winning a trophy then we're done.

Its nae fuuckin guffball.

Sadly, I think you may be right and that has been the thinking - a very sad and dark day if so.

And I do blame the manager. Not totally of course - as you say the players should always be good enough to beat Raith fuuckin Rovers, but he got all the red flags and warning signs he needed at Livi. He completely ignored them and as a result we're out of one of the two trophies we might just actually have a chance of winning. He deserves plenty stick for that...
    If we don't prioritise getting cash in how do you suggest we sign players? As you say we should be able to beat Raith even with a rotated team so at no point did Glass intend to sacrifice the league cup. He does deserve stick for losing as do the players but not simply for resting players...for failing to get the win with what he had available.

I thought we all said last week that there would be bumps in the road but we would have to stick with it.

Of course he rested players, he’d have been mad not to.

It didn’t work and the two late injuries made a mockery of the whole attempt.

I still don’t want him to go and sign squad fillers though.

Sod that, I’ve had enough of that.

How much money is up for grabs is a concern for the boardroom.
    Glamour games against European opposition is a reward for the fans.

Cormack would only use the EL money to cover more of the revenue losses due to covid. He's all about the money nothing more nothing less. He's the classic example of being a chairman of a business rather than a football club first and foremost.

Cheap bass giving Devlin a 6 month contract rather than sourcing a fit and able CB. F u c k him can't stand the man

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast