+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Killie in the cup - Hampden calling

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Why is this even a thing at our level? We have tried this in the past & it has never worked. It just gets us hemmed in & unable to progress up the park & any mistakes are happening right in front of our goal leading to panic & desperate challenges. Its crap.
    That Eriksson stepover, omg

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    That Eriksson stepover, omg
    That Eriksson. OMG.

I for one want us to keep playing out from the back. It is proper football. We are so much better when we play through the thirds and don't go direct. Inviting the press is the entire point of playing the ball out from the back, allows us to create space for our midfielders to get on the ball. We are actually pretty decent at playing out most of the time.

Keep doing it, in fact do it more if you ask me. We lose the ball when we hit it long/direct so may as well be brave and do the stuff we are good at

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    I for one want us to keep playing out from the back. It is proper football. We are so much better when we play through the thirds and don't go direct. Inviting the press is the entire point of playing the ball out from the back, allows us to create space for our midfielders to get on the ball. We are actually pretty decent at playing out most of the time.

Keep doing it, in fact do it more if you ask me. We lose the ball when we hit it long/direct so may as well be brave and do the stuff we are good at
    Totally agree. I am sick of seeing us just punting the ball up to the pitch and giving the ball to the opposition.

Playing out from the back is sensible football. You keep possession and the other side grow impatient. The trick is go long sometimes and they don't know when to press and when not to press. Still think the Aussie is the better keeper at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post

Agree, saw some positive things last night, the pitch though is terrible as we already knew, changes the game so much and impacted us negatively, just a pity the championship was so weak that Killie managed to get up first time around, was great getting rid of new Douglas and rugby park in one go, then just needed livi to fall but back to two of them in top flight, ridiculous really

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Totally agree. I am sick of seeing us just punting the ball up to the pitch and giving the ball to the opposition.
    I agree too. The trick is to do it at a decent pace but it increases the risk of a mistake.
    These long punts from Edwards and Mulgrew before are a total embarrassment. We have to be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    That Eriksson. OMG.
    That. OMG.
    Your tongue's hinging out for an Eriksson blunder.

Levein had a good ploy. Pernis to kick it up to Daly up by the touchline who would then head it onto Goodwillie or any midfielders making a run. When a bye kick do this sort of thing. When Eriksson has the ball in his paws he can roll it out to how he sees fit. Having players in line with the six yard line and phucking about with it does nobody any good. Take note of the recent Aberdeen game and when Mixu was in charge. We won against Aberdeen and got relegated under Mixu.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)