+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 156 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    These examples of course are nowhere near as bad as using the word ''surrender or capitulation''. Asking for a friend whose hypocrisy/irony and mock indignation meters exploded this morning.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1177111126548594688

https://twitter.com/i/status/1177184019219439618

Attachment 13974
    They’re not the Prime Minister speaking in Parliament Gumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Oh well thats alright then as long as it wasn't the PM ......

Simple, because it's now become about democracy, parliament obeying the will of the people in a decision that they gave to the people to make. Which Parl, ob doesn't want to carry through.
    Perhaps I should have phrased what I meant a little differently. Obviously, we had this referendum and it's understandable that passions are running high while politicians fight on how to implement it. But why did we have a referendum in the first place? How many people seriously gave Europe much thought when they discussed politics? There was obviously UKIP, but the only elections they were ever a big success in was the EU elections, which have abysmally low turnout (even this year, with all this going off). For me, David Cameron decided that because Europe was an issue within the Tory party, it must be a big issue within the country generally. It is now, but I'm not convinced it ever was before.

To be honest, I couldn't care less who we have customs and trade agreements with, or whether we we make them individually or co-operating with other countries. It's daft that we've spent 3 years fighting over something so mundane, and are probably going to have to for many more years to come. We're on the verge of making our planet uninhabitable, but yes, we should definitely be tearing our hair out about exactly who sets trade policy.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Oh well thats alright then as long as it wasn't the PM ......
    I take it you’re pretending to think that the PM speaking in his official capacity in the HoC shouldn’t have higher standards than some bloke on Twitter.

I take it you’re pretending to think that the PM speaking in his official capacity in the HoC shouldn’t have higher standards than some bloke on Twitter.
    It'd be nice if everyone involved were a bit more grown up about it all is what i was getting at.

No but the PM didn't threaten to stab someone nor wish the death of an ex PM, did he. ?

No but the PM didn't threaten to stab someone nor wish the death of an ex PM, did he. ?
    Humbug is a very violent and inflammatory word !!

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Humbug is a very violent and inflammatory word !!
    I almost had my trigger finger on a petition about that one!

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    Perhaps I should have phrased what I meant a little differently. Obviously, we had this referendum and it's understandable that passions are running high while politicians fight on how to implement it. But why did we have a referendum in the first place? How many people seriously gave Europe much thought when they discussed politics? There was obviously UKIP, but the only elections they were ever a big success in was the EU elections, which have abysmally low turnout (even this year, with all this going off). For me, David Cameron decided that because Europe was an issue within the Tory party, it must be a big issue within the country generally. It is now, but I'm not convinced it ever was before.
    You are right, I never really gave it much thought before and just thought kippers were a bit odd (think Mr Curry in the Paddington film - in fact, I think you're meant to). But someone asked for my vote, which I naively thought counted for something, so I said Leave. I didn't do that because I am stupid, I just have far less faith in the EU (government not the people) than many who now seemed obsessed about remaining. But really, I couldn't care less, I just want it over with either way. It's obscuring the fact that we have had some of the worst governments in our history over the last 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    You are right, I never really gave it much thought before and just thought kippers were a bit odd (think Mr Curry in the Paddington film - in fact, I think you're meant to). But someone asked for my vote, which I naively thought counted for something, so I said Leave. I didn't do that because I am stupid, I just have far less faith in the EU (government not the people) than many who now seemed obsessed about remaining. But really, I couldn't care less, I just want it over with either way. It's obscuring the fact that we have had some of the worst governments in our history over the last 9 years.
    Exactly the same, i had never even considered that leaving Europe was an option until all of a sudden we were presented with an opportunity to vote on it,it had just never crossed my mind that we could choose.
    Like you i weighed up the pro's and con's that i was aware of at the time and made my choice.
    I'm almost at the point where i don't care either way,i've been ground down to the point where either way is equally crap but a million times better than being in this stalemate limbo
    my main reason at the moment for still wanting it to happen is to wipe the smug off certain peoples faces who seem to want to get their way by whinging and complaining about democracy while being the exact opposite of democratic in their actions.

Don't think it'll affect me either way tbh,probabaly never would have done.

Page 94 of 156 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast