+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 352 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Was talking about LFC but generally they are referred to as the scousers, I like Everton
    Believe it or not Everton fans are referred to as Scousers too.Never been to Anfield but have watched Everton v United at Goodison.We played them in a friendly in roughly 1976 when both teams had been knocked out of their FA cup's it finished 0-0 and being the 70's there was more action with The Shimmy on the terraces than there was on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Believe it or not Everton fans are referred to as Scousers too.Never been to Anfield but have watched Everton v United at Goodison.We played them in a friendly in roughly 1976 when both teams had been knocked out of their FA cup's it finished 0-0 and being the 70's there was more action with The Shimmy on the terraces than there was on the pitch.
    IIRC, that was the game wee jim first tried Hegarty at centre half

Generally when Man Utd fans refer to the scousers they don't mean Everton, either way, like many, not a fan of the red side of Liverpool, not even Robertson playing for them makes me want them to do well

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Generally when Man Utd fans refer to the scousers they don't mean Everton, either way, like many, not a fan of the red side of Liverpool, not even Robertson playing for them makes me want them to do well
    To be perfectly honest i could not give a monkeys about Man U or its fans but i do have a soft spot for the city of Liverpool.The term Scouser is of course derogatory referring to the meal that was the staple diet of the city's poor.They cannie stand the Tories and have very little time for the royal family which is good enough for me.

If you were to tell an Evertonian he or she was not a Scouser they would not be happy with you.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 23-08-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    IIRC, that was the game wee jim first tried Hegarty at centre half
    Really?? That's a new one on me. Great fact if true though, he ended up "no bad ata"
    in that position.

To be perfectly honest i could not give a monkeys about Man U or its fans but i do have a soft spot for the city of Liverpool.The term Scouser is of course derogatory referring to the meal that was the staple diet of the city's poor.They cannie stand the Tories and have very little time for the royal family which is good enough for me.

If you were to tell an Evertonian he or she was not a Scouser they would not be happy with you.
    Spot on as always GB. Liverpool is a fantastic city and the people are warm friendly and funny.
    Shankly built his famous side around a Dundee United player but it wouldn't surprise me if some kids had a poster of George Best on their wall 😎
    What unites fans of both clubs is a deep feeling of community and a sense of how their working class politics have always been despised by the ruling class at Westminster.

They tried to break Liverpool but it wouldn't break and if you go today you'll see a vibrant thriving historic river city.

I ****in hate scousers

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I ****in hate scousers
    Calm down La

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Spot on as always GB. Liverpool is a fantastic city and the people are warm friendly and funny.
    Shankly built his famous side around a Dundee United player but it wouldn't surprise me if some kids had a poster of George Best on their wall ��
    What unites fans of both clubs is a deep feeling of community and a sense of how their working class politics have always been despised by the ruling class at Westminster.

They tried to break Liverpool but it wouldn't break and if you go today you'll see a vibrant thriving historic river city.
    We have always had our problems in Scotland with the establishment Protestant clubs namely The Rangers,Hearts and The Funsters who have ALL been ADMINED or liquidated and have always been serial cheating barstewards with masonic influences on their side be it from referees or the press but the city of Liverpool had a whole country against them.

The treatment meted out to the people of Liverpool after the Hillsborough disaster was a national disgrace for England and its no FN wonder that the vast majority of its citizens do not class themselves as English,had a massive party when Thatcher died and class their city as almost as independent as Scotland,i really admire their wit and sense of humour and they belong to the best city in England by a country mile.

We have always had our problems in Scotland with the establishment Protestant clubs namely The Rangers,Hearts and The Funsters who have ALL been ADMINED or liquidated and have always been serial cheating barstewards with masonic influences on their side be it from referees or the press but the city of Liverpool had a whole country against them.

The treatment meted out to the people of Liverpool after the Hillsborough disaster was a national disgrace for England and its no FN wonder that the vast majority of its citizens do not class themselves as English,had a massive party when Thatcher died and class their city as almost as independent as Scotland,i really admire their wit and sense of humour and they belong to the best city in England by a country mile.
    🧡❤

Page 95 of 352 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)