+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corrupt World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Russia were due a World Cup. Qatar getting one is the dodgiest thing that’s ever happened in the world of sport. It’d be great if the teams told them to f*ck right off.
    Completely agree that Russia was a due a world cup, But the Qatar award is fkn ludicrous and just stinks of corruption and really it should never go ahead

I'm still almost a loon , so only cups I have enjoyed in recent decades was

France '98
    Germany '06

Apart from that the others have been a bit dull

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    They reckon Qatar will cost £138bn... when you compare that to £3.5bn that South Africa spent, its utter f*cking madness. And like all of these events, what will happen when its all over? the stadiums will become unused and become crumbling wrecks. See Brazil, South Africa or even the Greece and Sochi Olympic stadiums. All of those events now have abandoned and crumbling stadiums, fascinating how quick they fall apart, but utterly wasteful.

They reckon there will be 4000 deaths by the time Qatar World Cup starts and yet no one is calling that into question. Corrupt and abhorrent.
    See the thing with MasterCard giving away 10,000 meals to poverty stricken folk in Carribean and South American countries each time Messi or Neymar scores a goal? WTF???
    The world is fastly turning into the real version of the Hunger games

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What was appalling with that decision?
    I though it was helping promote the game within America
    Someone upholding the "official line" and what a surprise, look who it is.

Awarding international football's premier tournament to a non football playing nation was a disgrace.

Stupie. I read an interview with Romario (now a politician) in FourFourTwo and he was saying it cost so much billion uet there has been no benefit to Brazil. Half the stadiums dont get used. Manaus is the example he used most as he said it was mad to build one there. Even the Maracana after its revamp saw 6 games in two year following the WC and is haemorrhaging money.

He petitioned against the world cup as he predicted all this but nobody listened. He begged real Ronaldo no to be an ambassador for it and the two fell out because of it.

Interesting read.

But shows how obscene it is when even a footballing loving country like Brazil sees no benefit

I love the World Cup and can’t wait for it. 4 weeks o fitba we some quality on show. The last ane was not the best but thats when teams were parking the bus, going by this seasons champions league scores that style is more or less gone and i expect high scoring games. Roll on.

On the Qatar World Cup, yes they should not hav got it but if some oil rich Qatari was offering me a large sum of cash for me to vote for them then al take it. Also i liked USA 94 it was the 1st ane i remembered and i was holidaying over there for part of it and being a young fitba fan i thought it wis great

I liked USA aswell

Spain 82 was a great tournament. Austria and germany game aside. Italia 90 also.

Has there been a world Cup Tournament since 98 Its fitba at the end of the day so will watch loads of it hopefully I will support Iceland as Kari is there & possibly Belgium

C'mon Belgium

They have the best player in the world so there's always a chance.

Hope the English go home in disgrace and their fans get kicked to f'uck

Bring it on.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast