+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carroll

Carroll

Injured again. Out for three months. Why doesn’t he just retire?

Not while there's money to be gleaned out of WH. Can't imagine any other PL club that would take him on, total liability now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Injured again. Out for three months. Why doesn’t he just retire?
    some people stay for the money

it wont be up to him to retire
    it would be the club and then the fact they cant get him insured

would you retire if you were on his wages sitting on a massage table 20 hours a week

Depends who was massaging me I suppose.

i get a massgae twice a week from a blind lad who used to be a physio for some top footy clubs

trouble is when he gets in the muscles he cant see me whincing

i was once sick when i got out side when he was trying to get me groin ready for a game he literrally gets his fingers right in the muscles

kills

not like the massage i get in thaisland

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Depends who was massaging me I suppose.

To be fair to him, i wouldn't be retiring whilst i can still pick up his pay packet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

To be fair to him, i wouldn't be retiring whilst i can still pick up his pay packet.
    True enough...but who was that lad they had-got him from Norwich-who did retire injured rather than keep taking the money his contract entitled him to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    True enough...but who was that lad they had-got him from Norwich-who did retire injured rather than keep taking the money his contract entitled him to?
    Dean Ashton?

I remember he retired young,

Aye, that's the fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Dean Ashton?

I remember he retired young,
    Last time I was down London I saw him outside the job centre in Barking. It might have just been a coincident like?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)