+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Lucky you Pac i was needing to go this year but 1 of my usual download mates is getting married that weekend so we are all not going, got Aerosmith in dublin the following wednesday to make up for it.

Kiss were outstanding last week, played most of the classics and they know how to put on a show the gig just flew in and certainly took my mind off the cup final for a couple hours, The Dives supported they are led by Paul Stanleys son they were ok sounded a bit like kiss and i thought the singer had a sound of elvis costello to him. Will give them another try at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Lucky you Pac i was needing to go this year but 1 of my usual download mates is getting married that weekend so we are all not going, got Aerosmith in dublin the following wednesday to make up for it.

Kiss were outstanding last week, played most of the classics and they know how to put on a show the gig just flew in and certainly took my mind off the cup final for a couple hours, The Dives supported they are led by Paul Stanleys son they were ok sounded a bit like kiss and i thought the singer had a sound of elvis costello to him. Will give them another try at some point.
    Im slumming it in a hotel in Ashby De La Zouch with Pacbro. Thursday pub crawl (after I drive as usual). Should be a hoot as there are some quality old school English bars there (stayed when Mrs Pac was pregnant). Should be an interesting day. The because the good bands don't start until later on the Friday we are having a mini pub crawl in Castle Donington on Friday morning/early afternoon/.

Then to the festival. Exodus and Slayer. Exodus and f@cking Slaaaaaaaayer. Among others Suicidal |Tendencies, Ministry, Devin Townsend and Clutch Should be a f@cking cracking weekend, if me and my bro don't come to drunken blows

I heard Paul Stanleys voice was f@cked on Sat. Was this the case?

Hope Download is going good Pacman see ye got decent weather for a change. Heard SOAD were ace, hardly surprising though. Looking forward to the official review

Been awesome.

Ministry are quite possibly the best band ive ever seen here. Phenomenal

Weathers been decent and me and Pacbro havent came to drunken blows(yet).

Anyway f@cking Slaaaaaaaaaaaayer up next.

Ill give my annual report on Monday

Holy f@ck.ive now seen Slayer 15 times. Today was phenomenal. Best ever and best band ive ever seen at Donington. Better than when Metallica played "Master of Puppets"

Aerosmith at the 3 Arena Dublin on Tuesday, great gig, played most of the classics and sounding brilliant, 1st time seeing them and hopefully not the last been wanting to see them for years but when they were in Britain there was always a reason i couldn't manage so decided on Dublin this time as couldn't manage Donington, started with a montage of the bands history on the big screen before the band came out to let the music do the talking. Highlight for me was Dream On as i love that song. Special mention to the 3 arena as well as its probably the best venue i have been to a gig at, not that big so you are quite close to stage wherever you are and there was a decent selection of booze at the bar. Also enjoyed Dublin had never been before but apart from it being expensive its a really nice place and everyone was really friendly. Great few days away and will deffo be back, just as quick going to glasgow for me left the house 8.30 and was in Dublin by 12.30

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Aerosmith at the 3 Arena Dublin on Tuesday, great gig, played most of the classics and sounding brilliant, 1st time seeing them and hopefully not the last been wanting to see them for years but when they were in Britain there was always a reason i couldn't manage so decided on Dublin this time as couldn't manage Donington, started with a montage of the bands history on the big screen before the band came out to let the music do the talking. Highlight for me was Dream On as i love that song. Special mention to the 3 arena as well as its probably the best venue i have been to a gig at, not that big so you are quite close to stage wherever you are and there was a decent selection of booze at the bar. Also enjoyed Dublin had never been before but apart from it being expensive its a really nice place and everyone was really friendly. Great few days away and will deffo be back, just as quick going to glasgow for me left the house 8.30 and was in Dublin by 12.30

Primus tomorrow at the Roundhouse. F@cking buzzing more than ive ever buzzed before

Over 30 degrees doon there too. Beer gardens it is

Going to see Deep purple, Alice Cooper and whichever Winters brother is still alive in September. Saw Def Leppard, Jackyl, Black Stone Cherry, Buck Cherry, Seether, Ratt, Slaughter, Three Days Grace, Fuel, and Zakk Wilde in May. All at Rocklahoma.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast