+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United Post Match Thoughts

I've only watched quest highlights. If we'd have been at home would have got that pen'. I thought we looked better with Lamy on late. Mattock hasn't had a good season. We should have just played Smith up front today with Lindsay in midfield. I'd be thinking about that tues.

"I thought we looked better with Lamy on late"

I also watched 86 seconds of highlights. Did you see Lamy? I didn't. Another example of your preconceived conceptions of "your boys"

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It is usual in the league to play a team at home in December and then away in January?

Surely there should be a bigger gap?
    There's normally at least one team who you face back to back relatively quickly , just the way the fixtures have to work out with 23 clubs .

Why would it be a problem ?

If your good enough then your good enough no matter how the fixtures fall .

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    "I thought we looked better with Lamy on late"

I also watched 86 seconds of highlights. Did you see Lamy? I didn't. Another example of your preconceived conceptions of "your boys"
    " my boys " Lindsay & Lamy not forgetting Hinds. I've watched sky/quest highlights saw someone suspiciously looking like Lamy going down the left twice. Wasn't him who crossed the ball that was either hand to ball or ball to hand against them.

Adelukun forced the goal keeper into a good save with a long range effort, though not one of the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I've only watched quest highlights. If we'd have been at home would have got that pen'. I thought we looked better with Lamy on late. Mattock hasn't had a good season. We should have just played Smith up front today with Lindsay in midfield. I'd be thinking about that tues.
    I watched the full game and Lamy didn't change anything when he came on.
    Mattock didn't have a bad game.
    Smith wouldn't have been better on his own in my view we missed Vassell.
    I like you and others have said agree with Lindsay replacing Crooks! How much better a team are we with Crooks in it?

The referee was so inconsistent and definitely gave them decisions that weren't fouls.
    Just before Wiles got booked Oggy was brought down and the defender should have been booked. It was the same defender who was sent off at NYS. He went on to do it again and got booked for it! Should they have been down to 10 again? Probably!

Ref had their shirt on, don’t tell me different

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Interesting point MT and you could be right, but however anyone sees it it's definitely not a corner.
    Definitely no corner

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I watched the full game and Lamy didn't change anything when he came on.
    Mattock didn't have a bad game.
    Smith wouldn't have been better on his own in my view we missed Vassell.
    I like you and others have said agree with Lindsay replacing Crooks! How much better a team are we with Crooks in it?

The referee was so inconsistent and definitely gave them decisions that weren't fouls.
    Just before Wiles got booked Oggy was brought down and the defender should have been booked. It was the same defender who was sent off at NYS. He went on to do it again and got booked for it! Should they have been down to 10 again? Probably!
    Have to disagree with you frog.

Mattock was terrible yesterday. He couldn’t pass he got out jumped by the little number 10 on at least 3 occasions. He was constantly caught out of position.

Very rare I will criticise any player on here but he was just woeful.

Not sure tbh why we didn’t play Lindsay yesterday.
    We will lose him soon I was speaking to someone in the know yesterday and there is a real possibility he’s going back home he’s not happy about the game time at all.
    I think we will lose a really good player imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Have to disagree with you frog.

Mattock was terrible yesterday. He couldn’t pass he got out jumped by the little number 10 on at least 3 occasions. He was constantly caught out of position.

Very rare I will criticise any player on here but he was just woeful.

Not sure tbh why we didn’t play Lindsay yesterday.
    We will lose him soon I was speaking to someone in the know yesterday and there is a real possibility he’s going back home he’s not happy about the game time at all.
    I think we will lose a really good player imo.
    Hes a weird fish is Mattock. At times he looks a class above this level. I've seen him deliver some of the best crosses in all our time at the NYS. He gives us natural width, being left flooded and is a genuine full back (so no square peg, round hole thing going on).

And yet, there are times where he just seems to zone out. In such moments he'll either do something totally stupid like stick one on his opponent, or just become a zombie and let players run by him or (equally frustrating) make no attempt to prevent a cross into our box.

On balance, hes more good than bad (and to reiterate, when hes good hes sublime at this level). That said, making him captain earlier in the season was akin to asking paul merson to open a new ladbrokes!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast